Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

361 - 380 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #361 (Edited)
Im happy to say my leaks well and trully sealed. All the talc i blew up and around the bulkhead area is all still there nice and dry with no signs of any trickles of water in the talc. The job sounded a nightmare tbh but it all came apart very easy and there wasnt even that many bolts. Think the column was 4 torx bolts and 2 nuts plus bolt on the uv joint. Thats it. I removed the power steering ecu to give more room which was 2 x 10mm bolts. Again easy to get at. Once the columns out the way theres about 6 x 13mm bolts. Theres also one in the engine bay but you can get away with stripping the engine bay if you remove the 2 nuts on the bracket closest to the middle of the car. I found this after pulling the wipers, scuttle and wiper motor out.

I will say it makes the job so much easier with a few long extension bars and with the drivers seat out.

·
Registered
784 Posts
yeak, a runaround andy..oh, my corsa i sold has been finally MOT'd since last year..the young lad has killed it..check out MOT history on BK55LYT, notice the time from last MOT...i should never have sold that car..it was mint...gutted i am...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Ive just stripped my cruise control stalk down as it had stopped cancelling the indicators and if you had the left indicator on and turned the wheel right it would turn the right signal on by itself lol. It was a pain to open but once opened i removed all the gubbins and cleaned and regreased it. I stretches a couple of springs inside and reassembled. Its working perfect now and has a more positive click when its used and its no longer floppy.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Ive just treated it to some fresh 5w30 fully synthetic and a filter, good for another 6k. Not sure what the service interval is to be honest but it wont do any harm to over service it. I usually have oil left from various services ive done so oil usually doesnt cost me anything. Just cost me £4.50 for a oil filter this time.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
I was coming home tonight and the abs light pops up. I cycled the ignition and it went out but came back 4 times over about 5 mile.

I returned home and checked for fault codes. It had c0035 front left speed sensor open circuit. I removed the wheel and had a little look. The reluctor wheel looked a bit rusty but uncracked, i could see no damage to the wiring. I checked the connector for corrosion. This was clean. I removed the abs sensor and cleaned the seat and checked for rusting but it was all good. Ive refitted the sensor and so far (25 mile) all has been good with no reoccurrence. Ill just keep an eye on it. Hopefully it wont return.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #375 (Edited)
Happy to report no more abs light. Bit of a strange one as i didnt really find anything but ive covered 150 mile since with no issues. Fingers crossed!

On the plus side, i bought a brand new Bridgestone 175 65 14 tyre for £17 delivered.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Nice, on two fronts. "TV repairman syndrome" - as in undo screws, find nothing, re-assemble, everything works, pay £60 call-out for no discernible remedy but problem goes away - has often featured in my past; at least you don't have to pay the call-out. Excellent score on the Bridgestone, too.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
I took my washer bottle off and cleaned the filter out as I've noticed a drop in power and how far its squirting up the screen. The filter was coated with a gel. I checked the bottle but that was clean inside so cleaned the filter and refitted it. That's sorted the issue and it's now much more powerful

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ah, I tend to just assume it's the jet holes and use Mrs Oz's interdental sticks (without telling her) to free them up. Only a small improvement on the Modus so I'll have a look for a filter. Maybe her toothbrush or exfoliating facial scrub pads will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
I went straight to the filter as all 4 jets had been reduced by the same amount and the chance of them all blocking at the same amount is very slim. The corsa has a fine filter built into the wash bottle grommet so that's going to be the first port of call. It takes literally 15 seconds to remove the bottle complete with pump so it's a nice easy job just to check it. I bet it's not that easy on the modo. Probably have to remove the engine to get at it lol.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It is one of the few visible things, but only to pour into something that looks like a water channel for a deep underground mine. Yeah, actually taking it out probably requires bumper off, rad out, alternator and serpentine slackened if not removed. At least the nearside is acceptable, o/s feeble but legal, so I'll keep the dental stick on the dash or in one of the numerous cubbies.

361 - 380 of 415 Posts