Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

401 - 420 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
I took my tools into work last night and removed my rear drums, de-lip'd them and adjusted them inside the drum manually before adjusting the lever inside the car. I managed to get a extra 6 clicks on each ratchet on the drum adjusters. The result is a better hand brake and you can certainly feel the difference in the foot brake.

It's a vauxhall handbrake so its never going to be great but it will certainly be enough to pass the mot on friday.

Just got to fit a new tyre to offside rear tomorrow and it's ready for test friday afternoon.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
It's on my wish list. This summer, I hope to have Cruise (thanks for the tip-off, Liviu) and (drum roll...) cup holders under my headlight switch!!

I haven't seen this before, and couldn't resist when the price was lowered. All those times pulling off the autovia because passengers had pathetic excuses for not passing a bottle out of the fridge in the back will be a thing of the past.

Once I get over that little excitement, I will get fed up of sticking my foot into the tarmac every time I pause on a slope and want a rear disc axle.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
It's on my wish list. This summer, I hope to have Cruise (thanks for the tip-off, Liviu) and (drum roll...) cup holders under my headlight switch!!

I haven't seen this before, and couldn't resist when the price was lowered. All those times pulling off the autovia because passengers had pathetic excuses for not passing a bottle out of the fridge in the back will be a thing of the past.

Once I get over that little excitement, I will get fed up of sticking my foot into the tarmac every time I pause on a slope and want a rear disc axle.
That one's gone ? is it a standard part? It looks like one of the ones that fit under a single DIN head-unit in a double DIN slot

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
It's gone my way. I've never seen one before (and won't see it until I get back to UK) but I assume it's some long-ago aftermarket idea. It's not placed under a single DIN (I've seen those, but am keeping the std stereo) but appears to go in the cubby space underneath the headlight+foglight switch above the driver's knee. Must be a tight squeeze, and doesn't look particularly flush when closed, but I'll make use of it for the long treks and take it out once I've arrived if it offends my eyeballs or kneecap.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
It's gone my way. I've never seen one before (and won't see it until I get back to UK) but I assume it's some long-ago aftermarket idea. It's not placed under a single DIN (I've seen those, but am keeping the std stereo) but appears to go in the cubby space underneath the headlight+foglight switch above the driver's knee. Must be a tight squeeze, and doesn't look particularly flush when closed, but I'll make use of it for the long treks and take it out once I've arrived if it offends my eyeballs or kneecap.
I'd be inclined to 3D print one if my knees didn't already hit the headlight switch

Reactions: ozsubrosa

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
You'd probably make a smoother version. But for £11 all in I thought it was worth a go (and I'm 1.77m so I don't suffer for room). I almost never use the cup holders in my slightly newer cars and never got the cup holders obsession in magazine reviews, but when I'm trying to make Madrid-Malaga in one go in June I get the point.

Fwiw, I'll update my Combo Tour's progress thread with pics when I install it and perhaps comment on its usefulness. Currently, the cubby is a handy place to temporarily store a TomTom when pulling in for a break.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Well it failed on a broken rear spring. New one fitted in 15 minutes but the mot place is 4 mile away and took me over a hour to get there because of traffic and they had closed. So it's back in again in the morning.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I knew it; I forgot to send my positive mental energies over. Took my chum to the hospital for an eye op and your MOT slipped my mind. If it makes you feel better, I saw him later today and he still has the penned arrow they drew on his forehead to remind them which eye to knife about with (seriously).

Assuming that covers everything, (y) for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Out of interest, I had both rear springs replaced when one failed; just something I tend to do with steering/suspension components. Did your other one check out OK? Wondering if I'm a bit too finnicky.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #415 (Edited)
It was rusted. It was the original so not bad for 17 year old car. Tbh I normally change as a pair but they only had 1 in stock.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
I was coming home last night and my cruise control stopped working. Did a quick pedal test and got p1565 invalid data from bcm. I checked the stalk first and found a broken wire. I cut it back and soldered and new wire on and it's all working again. Happy days

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Talk about buses, Marks. I sniped one (badly described) at £12, as you know - chuffed as pants, then saw another for £13 and thought "ok, two for £25, makes sense seeing as I'd be wasting time going to M/side only to have a dud stalk. Useful spare seeing as it's going to become a Malaga-plated car, etc..."

The next day, a 3rd one on ebay with a £10 BIN. That's just taking the p...

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Talk about buses, Marks. I sniped one (badly described) at £12, as you know - chuffed as pants, then saw another for £13 and thought "ok, two for £25, makes sense seeing as I'd be wasting time going to M/side only to have a dud stalk. Useful spare seeing as it's going to become a Malaga-plated car, etc..."

The next day, a 3rd one on ebay with a £10 BIN. That's just taking the p...
Do you have the link to the thread with instructions? I can't seem to find it, want to check if I'm wired for cruise control or not

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Talk of CC is a bit splattered everywhere. Remind me, what's yr engine code? The 12XE is a dud no-chance, unless Liviu has new info, the CDTi (1.7 + 1.3) is plug and program, others should be doable with maybe clutch switch, wires to bcm. I can dig up, but it would cut down the load if you mention the engine.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Talk of CC is a bit splattered everywhere. Remind me, what's yr engine code? The 12XE is a dud no-chance, unless Liviu has new info, the CDTi (1.7 + 1.3) is plug and program, others should be doable with maybe clutch switch, wires to bcm. I can dig up, but it would cut down the load if you mention the engine.
Z10XEP, for now at least ;)

Could definitely do with something a little bigger, I live in North Wales so every damn road is a hill

401 - 420 of 432 Posts