Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
421 - 440 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
That's Marks engine I think so (esp it being >2am here) I'll let the chap who knows give you the gist but I'll thread-hunt at the end of the day if you don't get more forthcoming from him (and/or Liviu who knows everything) before I put my "what I've read is..." size 10s in.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Dur, Marks thread here is "z10xe progress" which I could have looked up at the top of the screen for. Still, if it's been done on a 10xe then I'd assume the 10xep is at least as easy if not more so.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
When I fitted cc to my z10xep i had to add the clutch switch wiring only. 1 wire went to the brake pedal 12v+ and the other went to the grey(from memory, I'd have to check) wire in the drivers side pillar.

I just then programmed it in the bcm and ecu.

Jobs a gudden.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Just replaced another rear wheel bearing. It was replaced about 12 months ago but has covered 25k. Still not great. It was howling like a banshee.

I noticed the abs reluctor on the brake drum was hanging off and when trying to remove it to do the bearing it fell apart. So I've got abs light on now and no one local stocks them. I couldn't be bothered going scrap yard. Even vx didnt have them in stock. I ordered a pair of ebay. I'll change both because I know the other side looked equally as ropey. Only 5 min job to fit them.

·
Super Moderator
8,589 Posts
Just replaced another rear wheel bearing. It was replaced about 12 months ago but has covered 25k. Still not great. It was howling like a banshee.

I noticed the abs reluctor on the brake drum was hanging off and when trying to remove it to do the bearing it fell apart. So I've got abs light on now and no one local stocks them. I couldn't be bothered going scrap yard. Even vx didnt have them in stock. I ordered a pair of ebay. I'll change both because I know the other side looked equally as ropey. Only 5 min job to fit them.
where ya get ya bearings from mark, i could do with 2 new rears.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
You get what you pay for with bearings. I got my last set for free so I'm not fussed they only lasted 20k.

Just hope this set last longer.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
It would just be like listening to a scouse chubby brown with a broad use of "colourful" choice words lol.
Hey I would watch that!

Especially as I might have to sell Des, I'm gonna miss Corsas!

Reactions: andy-v

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well my cars is prepped like a coke dealers haven lol. I used a funnel to fill a 16mm flexi pipe with white powder, I removed the lower trim panels and with 1 good blow it looks like it's been snowing behind the pedals lol.

Watch this space
sorry to jump on an old thread but i've done my leak twice in the last couple of years and it is still leaking.

which point exactly was it leaking from when you did this test?

driving me insane

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've just removed my seat and removed the foam seal. I've cleaned and dried the area and fitted a 2ft 8mm internal bore pipe to my tiger seal gun. I started to apply the tiger seal but the gun broke half way through so I've had to cut the tube of tigerseal open and apply it by hand. Pretty it is not but I'm hoping it's gonna seal it. It's got over half a tube of tiger seal around the area. The bloody stuff was everywhere lol. I'm going to give it 24 hours to dry then gonna cover the area with white powder again and I'll just play the waiting game again until I'm happy it's sealed. 4th time lucky lol. I've left the lower panel trims out to make viewing easier.

Watch this space
did you seal the clutch cyl from the inside or outside where it bolts onto the silly bulkhead?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
did you seal the clutch cyl from the inside or outside where it bolts onto the silly bulkhead?
I tried the outside but it didnt solve it. I ended up doing it on the inside. I pulled the foam seal out and used tigerseal. Worked perfect. Still bone dry to this day.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Ive not posted for a while but had to fit a new handbrake cable after it snapped which turned into a drama.

About a month ago i fitted new cables and the handbrake was sticking on. Cleared the guides and checked the shoes. Both were perfect. It turned out to be the new cables grabbing in the guides so i dremilled them a bit to widen were they sit. This helped but it was still intermittently sticking. After 4 evenings pissing about with it in the rain and snow the cables were removed and thrown in the bin with temper. Buy cheap, buy twice. Certainly didnt expect issues with a bloody cable. Live and learn.

New genuine cables were ordered which i fitted. Instantly it was perfect.

One thing i noticed on the aftermarket compared to genuine cables for inside the drums was the genuine one had 20mm longer springs which were much stronger than the aftermarket ones. This caused issue with binding.

I also noticed the aftermarket long cables from left to right and front to left were thick than the genuine ones resulting in the cable sticking in the guides.

Both of these issues resulted in some choice words from myself followed by me having to redo the job with genuine parts.

The good news is the handbrake is the best its ever been. Just need to mot it this week coming. Hopefully nothing to drastic of it fails.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Another one to add to the "don't buy cheap for the C" list. Not the C's fault, really - the volume of "it'll do" knock-off parts being produced these days is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
I fitted a new nearside cv joint and wheel bearing yesterday. Glad i have a bearing press. Made light work of replacement. Even more surprising was the cv joint came off first go with no swearing.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Ive fitted a new wishbone. Still on its original one after 250,000 mile. The ball joint was rattling like a crackhead and was just easier to change the lot. The actually wishbone bushes were still fine with no play.

I also stripped and fixed my front wiper motor which decided not to park correctly any more and stopped where ever they liked. Once stripped and cleaned it was apparent that the copper finger wasnt applying pressure to the board so a quick bend and reassembly and it now works correctly.

421 - 440 of 446 Posts