Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
441 - 446 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
I gave to old girl a full service. Plugs were well worn. Got my 9 year old to do the work while i supervised. Took her nearly 2 hours but she loved every minute of it.

Automotive tire Road surface Wood Flooring Line
Clothing Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gas Automotive tire Plumbing
Tire Wheel Car Jeans Vehicle

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Blimey, I've only been here 3yrs and I guess I must have read back earlier through this thread because I'm quite sure you had a "daughter in pic during job done" post and it's frightening how quickly she's gone to "pass the T20 and stop blocking the light" mode.

I have a 23 now, who singularly fails to even open the Combo's unlocked door during the winter when I'm abroad, so I come back to a mould-infested cabin. tbf, I'm not an expert mech mentor, but it wouldn't make any difference if I were.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
Blimey, I've only been here 3yrs and I guess I must have read back earlier through this thread because I'm quite sure you had a "daughter in pic during job done" post and it's frightening how quickly she's gone to "pass the T20 and stop blocking the light" mode.
4 years ago. She needed a chair to stand on. That was rebuilding my sisters corsa after timing chain replacement.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Just spent 2 hours changing my indicator relay which had a mind of its own. It kept flashing erratically now and then but when it did none of the indicators work on the offside.

The bloody torx screws that hold the bcm lid down were rusted badly. About half of them came out and typically all the ones that have limitted access were rounding. Luckily i managed to get them all out using my hammer and various different bits. Ive dremmeled a nice deep slot in them now so they can be removed with a screwdriver. The bcm lid seal was torn so ive refitted it with silicone. Ill just keep an eye on it for leaks while i try source a replacement.

Why does a 10 minute job alway end up 2 hours lol.

441 - 446 of 446 Posts