Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sorry, I tend to Latin, even where it's not absolute - I get a jolt when the news says referendums, for instance (not strictly incorrect). Radius/radii, stadium/stadia, index/indices. I'll go and iron my shirt pocket pen protector, now.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
After my little :eek:fftopic:, info, an update that I shall be in UK between 22/10 and 10/11, if that works with your Maltese Cross Griffin caps and possible also clunky old dt turbo interests. The caps would push through your letterbox if you're not back and the turbo lump might be held in the depot long enough, otherwise.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea sounds good, only need the griffins as solid got a couple of turbos en route to my place

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wicked. Just ordered one of these....

Stage 3 ready for the bigger turbo and bigger injectors....

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I deployed my considerable engineering skills to an analysis of your, and ferret's, clutch and spotted they're both purple. So that's something else cleared up. Zoom in for further detail. Like my turbo, though, my boggo clutch is fresh. Not that a std DTi is the torque of the town.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea, once I'm back from my extended holiday, got to get some welding done, have the clutch changed and repair the rusty doors.

Once that's all done I'll get it on the rolling road for a back to back standard map and the one I have on now.

The guys at larkspeed reckoned the stage 2 wouldn't hold the torque from the remap (standard one did fine before the seal went on the layshaft and poured oil all over it)
So went with the stage 3.

I'm getting nowhere with injectors though! May have to just change the nozzles.

Next will be the turbo from the 1.7, if I get that working I may get it hybridised. Don't really care if i blow the engine as they are cheap enough and know the rods are week.

As for an intercooler, not sure where I'm gonna go with that

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
From investigations i made the 1.7 DTI was also sold under the cummins label by Mercury boat engines.
They ran the unit at 120hp out of the box though i have not got any further with identifying the associated parts, im assuming the differences are the turbo and the injector nozzle size.

I have enquired about the nozzles with my local diesel guy as they should still be delphi units but he hasnt got back to me so far.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Info on the 1.3 injectors and what to upgrade them with would be great...... boats are not ever really under loads like an automotive setup

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The standard 1.7/1.3 CDTi intercooler is a bit struggling to keep two halves of a sarny cool. FYI, although it made my Di much more handy than it was pre-IC, I did notice that as ambient temps went 32+C here in Malaga August, acceleration dropped off considerably. I noticed a Meriva's scrap IC looked more like the later D's, but maybe it was from a Meriva B? Aside from the expense of custom or even off the shelf FMICs, if it bothered me enough (and I don't think it will) I mused about running some washer jets from the rww switch for evaporative cooling in such circs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll just put a bigger cooler on. I have the specs on the turbo now so 2ill be running the bigger one on less psi than the standard as it also flows more.
Injector specs are proving tricky to get hold of ie nozzle size and what's compatible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you end up doing with the factory boost solenoid? From what I can tell its not doing any work with new your new setup?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Its just hanging around on the back of the block....ive kept it plugged in to keep the engine ECU happy that it is having some input in the discussion even though it isnt...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts