Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been a while since i posted last, so bit of a long one but bear with me please, got shot of my old corsa B for Corsa C SXi, been ne bother up till now, due to the rubbish weather it has not been run since 23rd December, went to start it yesterday to take it for a good blast to get the battery up to speed and no go, it started for like 2 seconds and then died, at the time i put it down to being a dead battery due to the cold, so i got the jump start kit out and connected it up, turned the ignition to position 2 to get a booster charge, the engine exhaust emissions symbol warning light was flashing on and off and there was a ticking noise like a bomb for about 5-10 seconds then the light went out and ticking stopped, at which point i turned the ignition to position 3 and the car started fine with no problems.

Took it to get some fuel and then it started up no problem, went out for a 20 mile drive to our local shopping centre and after a few hours came back and it started up no problem, come to this morning and it was just turning over and over, i thought it was a flat battery again, but after checking with a battery tester it is showing full charge, so after scratching me head for a bit i did some checking online and from hearing others it began to dawn that it could be an immobiliser issue as it starts but only for a second, this has been confirmed as when i switch the key to position 2 and leave it for about 15 seconds, the ticking noise is heard again and the engine electronics and exhaust emmisions symbols flashes for a bit until the engine electronics one goes out, at that point when i turn to position 3 it again fires but only for like a second, is there anyway this can solved without going to a dealer or is it best to just bite the bullet and get a dealer to sort it asap, cheers guys and soz for the essay!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i no it sounds silly but have you tied using your spare key? if you getting the same problem then soory mate but to the garage it goes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts