Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good,
I have a problem with my electric windows, is just stoped working, all the fuses are fine checked them all. But when i open one of the doors the window open a bit and when closing the door it closes again, the buttons on the doors open and closing the windows light are off aswell
Any help?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Would it be possible to video what happens and put it on Youtube? You could then link it here so that we could have a look. Sounds like very strange behaviour. Have you tried both the driver's and passenger's door switches?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be able to do so tommorow yes, i have tried all 4 doors, None of them work. Is there any fuses or relays inside the box next to the battery that might be linked to the electric windows? If not maby something blew in the control box for the electric windows?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I had a look on this last night

and there's no relay - just a 20A fuse (F5) and a 5A fuse (F35) to look at but if your stereo is working then F35 should be fine. Is your problem just electric windows? You said all 4 doors but the rear ones are manual, not electric? No Corsa C in the European market had rear electric windows that I know of. You described that they go down slightly when the door is opened then raise slightly when closed - that seems really odd. I know that happens on purpose on the old Mercedes S Class to make the shutting noise quieter but I don't think General Motors go to those lengths.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the electric windows not working, everything else is working perfect, and yes that is a feature that GM has, well on mine it worked like that all the time.. Odd i thought that all the GSI's had that feature...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hmm, no electric rear windows on UK 5dr Corsas I think, and that feature of automatically raising and lowering is news to me as well. If none of the windows is working, my guess is that the driver's door loom is the place to start; looking for frayed, burnt or chafed wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea bud guess im lucky having that as a feature for what its worth, so dont know if the driver side main button has a problem and if its has to work for the other doors to work, will get one and swop it out maby thats the problem

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'm not sure if it would be the switch or the loom, but I am (rightly, I hope) assuming that dud windows all round would be traced back to inside the driver's door. Having a look for obvious chafes, corrosion, burns and breaks in the wire is basically free and, if you have a multimeter, it might be worth using that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts