Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 Corsa C 1.3 cdti diesel.
My clutch pedal suddenly started lifting up slower than normal but still worked ok.
The next day the clutch stopped working, no resistance, easily moves fully up and down (luckily I was already parked at my place).
Today I fitted a new master cylinder (nightmare job including removing the steering column) and it's still the same.
I got a one man bleed system, loosened the bleed screw and pumped about 100 times, no fluid came out and it's just the same.
It doesn't seem to have lost much fluid if any, I only saw one very small drip underneath in the middle of the engine (after pumping the pedal) but very little on the ground.
I can't see leaking on the bell housing.

Is this a gearbox out job?
Clutch release cylinder?
Slave cylinder?
Is that what I need to replace?

This one fits my car :

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you pump with the drain open and no liquid comes out, and it remains the same, and drips under the box, it looks like a chopped slave cylinder, it is time to lower the box as safely as possible, check that the hose is not stuck or chopped, that it is not I think, I have recently purged it with someone else, but I bet I'll lower the box

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An update.
I just noticed a wet patch on the ground coming from just in front of the right rear wheel and I'm pretty sure it's brake fluid.
I checked my fluid level and that's the first time I've seen it low, it's now below the low level, but all the problems I've had with the clutch including bleeding it today, the level was always at the top and never needed topped up.
How can it be leaking back there?

I'm really hoping someone is going to say it's something that's an easy free fix as I am dreading the thought of fitting an new slave cylinder.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a leak in the brake line near the rear right wheel.
I am hoping I will fix that and the clutch will start working again, but am I hoping for too much?
I know the clutch and brake lines use the same fluid.
The clutch and slave cylinder arrived today, but I'm going to fix the brake line first.

·
Registered
712 Posts
They use the same liquid from the deposit but they are different conduits, that Germany drinks from the Italian deposit does not mean that France is going to run out of water due to a fault in Germany

1 - 6 of 6 Posts