Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to all this,
My daughters Corsa won't start, as a mechanical engineer I have no problem with the mechanics of engine but this is electrical, so i am lost.
She was driving home, no problems, stopped a t a friends, when she went to restart car nothing.
Now its home we basically have flashing spanner light, and what looks like airbag light.
The battery is fine all electrics work as they should.
The spanner light flashes continuous, code test does nothing other than continuously flashing. only difference is when you try to start with brake and clutch depressed when you turn the ignition off the orange light continues to flash for about 30 seconds.
have checked all fuses,
When you turn the ignition the last click the relays all click etc.
We have tried spare key in case immobiliser in key is broken.
Also removed relay and joined pins 30 and 87 to see if starter will spin, it doesn't. also there seems to be no current across the starter solenoid.
Any one got a clue what to try next.
Thanks Ian

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Sounds like flat battery. What voltage do you have in it.

Whatever you do dont jump start it or push start it or bcm will corrupt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said it’s not the battery, just over 12 volts, also all other electrics work fine. Windows the lot. When lights are on full they don’t dim when trying to start engine

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
When you say just over 12v. How much just over and did you measure when you attempt to crank it over to see what it drops too. 12.6v is around were it should be.

Personally id throw a charger on it and give it a few hours to be sure. If the car sences low voltage it simply wont crank and flashes the spanner light as the immobiliser wont read the key. The lights wont dimm as the starter isnt activated due to immobiliser.

Has it been jump started recently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say just over 12v. How much just over and did you measure when you attempt to crank it over to see what it drops too. 12.6v is around were it should be.

Personally id throw a charger on it and give it a few hours to be sure. If the car sences low voltage it simply wont crank and flashes the spanner light as the immobiliser wont read the key. The lights wont dimm as the starter isnt activated due to immobiliser.

Has it been jump started recently.
12.4v, when the ignition is fully turned drops to 12v, then back to 12.4v when turned off, not been jump started ever.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Im gonna say its not fully compatible as the spanner light flashing means immobiliser codes. It probably only read engine generic codes and not manufacturer specific.

Do you know anyone with oocom, vauxcom or gds2. You need a global scan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im gonna say its not fully compatible as the spanner light flashing means immobiliser codes. It probably only read engine generic codes and not manufacturer specific.

Do you know anyone with oocom, vauxcom or gds2. You need a global scan.
unfortunately not, looks like its the garage on Monday.
As I said before the pedal test also doesn't reveal any codes.so perhaps there aren't any,

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Pedal test isnt compatible and if it was it only shows emission codes. Need a gm compatible scanner to read all the cars modules as they all tank to each other and one can take the whole network down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts