Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I can no longer post in my original thread and sections have changed since....

My business Shield-it, and my profession is a fitter of this product to high end cars, such as ferrari's lambo's porsches etc. Its basically a very very tough protective film which is usually fitted to the front of vehicles to protect from stone chips, scuffs and general pant damage. Its completely see through and you cant tell without straining that its on the car once its fitted! Compared to a massive bonnet bra which imo is ugly, this is a neat, clean and longer lasting proposal.

Although this is the opposite end of the market, I am still doing the job to the same high standard, using the same products and methods as I would on a 100k+ car.

What I could offer is a bonnet protection kit, mirrors, front bumper, lights. Basically whatever you as a customer would want the film on (obviously I would have to price it up depending on what you wanted doing). This could be as small as a freshly painted v-grill or colour coded plastics for example.

I could come to you, Give the vehicle/areas being worked on a full pre-clean before I fit the film (as the car needs to be immaculate) or you could do that part yourself before I came to fit. Equally you could drop your car off with me for the day and I will fit the kit.

I am supplied by a reccommended 3M templating company who provide templates for most cars on the road, and who also supply me with product off the roll for any extra areas the customer may want protection applied to.

Visit my website or feel free to contact me directly:

www.shield-it.co.uk

[email protected]

Thanks for looking, I am happy to answer any questions you may have in this thread or via PM

·
Registered
21,458 Posts
How much would you charge for the front bumper, bonnet and wing mirrors on a Corsa D with styling pack?

·
Administrator
153,652 Posts
can i has a job please <3

lol.

work looks awesome mate! keep it up :)

out of interest, can it go onto wheels?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can i has a job please <3

lol.

work looks awesome mate! keep it up :)

out of interest, can it go onto wheels?
lol thanks :)

yes there is no reason why it cant be fitted to wheels, it will protect from stone chips etc in just the same way, although wheels are prone to curbing...which will be protected to some extent by the film, but may penetrate the film depending on the severity of the curbing

·
Administrator
153,652 Posts
lol thanks :)

yes there is no reason why it cant be fitted to wheels, it will protect from stone chips etc in just the same way, although wheels are prone to curbing...which will be protected to some extent by the film, but may penetrate the film depending on the severity of the curbing
:)

ah right cool, yeah my thought was people that have powdercoated/professionally done wheels may want them protecting more etc.

looks like an awesome service anyways pal.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This the same nano technology shields that Zagg use for electronics devices?
I am not sure on this one, but I doubt it as this is more specific to vehicles or applications which require paintwork protection

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm how much to do the VXR if i let you have a drive ;)
haha... all depends on what exatly you would want it fitted to?

Front end protection (i.e bumper, half bonnet and mirrors) in the region of £450-£500.

This may sound alot but weigh up the cost of stone chip repairs x amount of times, or even respray costs it really does make sense.

I'll beat any like for like quote (probably already significantly cheaper anyway)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)

ah right cool, yeah my thought was people that have powdercoated/professionally done wheels may want them protecting more etc.

looks like an awesome service anyways pal.
yeah I have fitted it to two sets of diamond cut alloys, so its definitely an option.

Thanks, its not a bad job working on these kind of cars :lol:

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
haha... all depends on what exatly you would want it fitted to?

Front end protection (i.e bumper, half bonnet and mirrors) in the region of £450-£500.

This may sound alot but weigh up the cost of stone chip repairs x amount of times, or even respray costs it really does make sense.

I'll beat any like for like quote (probably already significantly cheaper anyway)
ideally I want something that has UV protection for the full car because I dont want the red paint to fade :(

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am not sure on this one, but I doubt it as this is more specific to vehicles or applications which require paintwork protection

Ok, just I know the Zagg was first for military helicopter blades to stop the sand in desert from taking paint off the blades...

I know how good Zagg stuff is so if this the same stuff then it's awesome material....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, just I know the Zagg was first for military helicopter blades to stop the sand in desert from taking paint off the blades...

I know how good Zagg stuff is so if this the same stuff then it's awesome material....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
same principal mate, it has all developed from early military use :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ideally I want something that has UV protection for the full car because I dont want the red paint to fade :(
The film itself has great uv resistance to prevent it from yellowing, which protects the paintwork also

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Refitted a front bumper on a 458 last week after it had some carbon fibre repairs... the car had done 10,000 miles with the protection on and had a lot of stone chip evidence on the film...not a mark on the paint though so really did its job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts