Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a tough one??
#1 = Corsa C
2 = Corsa B This was a 22k mile car and as tight as if it was new.
3 = Corsa E/D (these 2 are the same car under the trim) E pipped it as it was much younger and cleaner, the D was a 1.3cdti with a poor remap and very rough condition.
4 = Corsa Electric This was nice to drive but flat after 55mph. I would be a good town car only it's the size of an SUV! with an average range of 120miles on a full charge it's not practical for anyone doing long trips unless you have a lot of time for the journey.
5 = Nova With it's offset steering wheel it just did not feel comfortable to drive. Clock was show 53k miles but I have a feeling that may not be genuine as the trip counter didn't move all day and it wasn't doing the same distance each run up and down the runway as the rest.

The electric one was the same one that is in the current TV adverts in the UK.

·
Registered
796 Posts
At the chassis level, which car did you find the most comfortable? safer? more faithful to transmitting the road behind the wheel? Obviously, the nova will not give you the same feeling as the D, but, taking into account everything in its time, which chassis seems the most balanced to you?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I remember a low mileage Nova/Corsa A being flagged up on the forum with some £11k price tag. I get nostalgia and all that but I was unmoved even at a sensible price. I decided I needed a new car in '88 and the Nova didn't even rate a test drive. I tried the AX (too flimsy - the salesman shut the bonnet and dented it; I tried not to laugh), the Uno (too heavy for its 0.9 engine) and went for the R5 Campus.

·
Registered
796 Posts
in itself if you realize the corsa C is the last one that has the corsa chassis, nova corsa B and C are evolution, while the corsa D is already fiat platform point, and it is not the same horse as mule

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At the chassis level, which car did you find the most comfortable? safer? more faithful to transmitting the road behind the wheel? Obviously, the nova will not give you the same feeling as the D, but, taking into account everything in its time, which chassis seems the most balanced to you?
As the Corsa D was a very rough car I couldn't count this one in the mix and the same goes for the E. So if this test drive was just on the cars there on the day it would be the Corsa C. But I have driven a well looked after Corsa D and that does feel good but it does have a Bilstein B12 suspension kit and the VXR brakes up front.
It can been seen under the Corsa D that it is a progression from the Corsa C chassis only made a bit cheaper, almost back stepping to the Corsa B/Nova chassis.

You could really feel the extra weight in the electric Corsa which felt like it was rolling the road flat LoL. It reminded me of an old BMW E34 type car only without the power.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Would have been good to see side by side the size difference between the first and the last one!

I've driven A, B and C, sat in an E, that's as far as I got.

I knew someone that bought the eCorsa, then within a few months they got rid and bought a used (only a few years old I think) Golf petrol. Never got chance to ask why they didn't like the eCorsa

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When the feature comes out in a few weeks there is some side by side shots of the Nova and Corsa e.
If you look close you may even see my ugly mug in the Corsa e tailgating the Nova like a proud Audi driver :LOL:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will let you know when it's out.

I'm sure there would be plenty being scrapped.They don't suffer as bad with the side bolsters failing on the seats like the older models did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts