Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was Jus wunderin everyone on here is saying if ya get corsa b springs at 40mm it will drop a corsa c by 60mm. TBH corsa b springs are som much easier to come by and if they do the same job then why not do it??

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Why not? Well for one, they aren't designed for the weight of your car. Secondly, you have to turn the front ones upside down to fit them which isn't safe imo.

Lowering 60mm on standard shocks will **** them as well, meaning you'll have to get shortened shocks - which means you may as well either just lower it on springs designed for the C or buy some coilies.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
i had these on the back of my C, looked really good (is around -60mm) but get anyone in the back of the car and its like jelly suspension!

Get a cheap set of coilies as in the end it will be cheaper than a set of B backs and C fronts with delivery, effort etc, and will be much better ride and you can get it lower and will last longer

wish i had got them rather than springs tbh..

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
basically if you wana be a pikey and do it on the cheap and not necaserily safe then yup, slap some be springs on it :doublethumbs:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
True tbh^^

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
was Jus wunderin everyone on here is saying if ya get corsa b springs at 40mm it will drop a corsa c by 60mm. TBH corsa b springs are som much easier to come by and if they do the same job then why not do it??
suppose you wanted to buy a corsa for £2000, suppose further you found corsa for £1000, but it was a CatC, it ''does the same job'' and probably easier to come by but its most likely to come withalot more saftey hazards than a corsa that wasnt repaired. People know this so they wont buy CatC's for a peace of mind...

Its the same sort of thing with the springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts