Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Don't bother!

Leave the standard well alone, and just run some new ones in from one side on your shelf. Put a plug and socket in line, with a bith of cable sock and you have a nice neat job where your shelf can still be removed. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plug and socket into the wire??How'd ya do that?Sorry don't know anythin about wireing!
thanks

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
My PC is down, otherwise I'd get a couple of pics for ya!

Basically, it's a push together joint that can be undone by pulling apart. You would just crimp the four wires into the connectors, and push them into the plastic holder. They are only about a quid, so not expensive, also you could do this at a later stage if you wanted, so don't panic. I should have myself back up and running over the weekend, so I'll get some pics up then.

K

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeh thats them. Can't wait for them to come through the post and hook them up!Well if the one's u've got are good then these should be wicked!!if you want really good one's then get some infinity kappa 6x9's.
J

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Get the infinity's from halfords 300watt and they are half price for a limited time £50 from £100, they sound great an look gd too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
how have people mounted their 6x9's

As if i was goin to get 6x9's i don't know where to put them.

have people brought stealth shelfs, or have u just screwed them onto the
parcel shelf in the car

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well usually most people put them on their rear parcel shelf, but to be honest a stealth shelf costs about £70.00 and an extra £20 if you want it cutting, so i wouldn't bother as the rear shelf is already pretty sterdey. I have ordered some and i'm goin to fit them in my rear shelf.
J

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Buy some Acoustic Carpet and finish it off properly.

If you do it right, you won't be able to tell that there are any speakers fitted!

I'll get some pics later in the week.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know anywhere where you can buy acoustic carpet/cloth from?i can make the shelf easily but can't find any cloth to cover it.
Thanks
J

1 - 20 of 32 Posts