Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....as some of you may know, my speciality is custom box building...so thought I would show you what goes into my custom made boxes...

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TEST BOX!! IT WILL NOT BE SEALED INTERNALLY AND 2 PANELS WILL ONLY BE SCREWED ON NOT GLUED! NO PORT FLARES, NO TRIMMING ETC...JUST A RAW BOX TO TEST!!

Well after the initial design stages which can take anything from 20mins through to 2 days (longest I took to design a box was around 4 days!!!)....After building well over 100-150boxes, for lots and lots of speakers....I have tried around 95% of typical box designs out there so know how to get the best out of the used sub...trust me on that!

Boxes ive built are;

Sealed
Ported
4th order bandbass
6th order bandpass - series tuned
Ported tunnels
Transmission lines

The one ill be showing today is a 6th order bandpass on a small scale...its only for 2 AA Chaos 12" drivers which are rated at 800wrms each...

The vehicle is a friends VW Sharan as he recently had to do a run to the landfill so the box slid nicely into the back lol

After the design was finalised (after 2hours of playing with the design and getting the response to look how I wanted it)...I draw up the box in CAD

Then time to go fetch some MDF and cut it up!

Test to make sure everything lined up how I wanted

Front baffle to be cut

6" ports for front chamber

Glued together

Subs in

Front panel on with 2 6" ports

Box in the car

Front panel was strengthened and screwed in

All you can see of the subs is...

hahaha

next up...time to do some testing! Subs are pretty stiff at the moment so not sure what the bottom end will be like!

teamSPB

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Completely forgot about this thread LOL!!!

Had the box for a good while...

Tested it out for loudness...in the port it did 154 or 156db!! In the cabin, it is ALOT louder to the ear than it is on the mic...there is just WAY WAY too much air space in the vehicle for just 2 12's to pressurize properly...I think it managed a 140db mark at the passenger seat which is approx 80-90inches from the box!!! Still didnt do too bad I reckon!!

teamSPB

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ai...not bad for 2 12's hey!! Should see what they do to a car!!!!

800wrms drivers....awesome bits of kit!

teamSPB

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mixture really...BBP and WinISD are used to do the VERY basics...the rest is through knowledge and experimenting really...

are you still interested in the chaos? only 1 12 left now and the shipment hasnt even arrived in the UK!! lol

teamSPB

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Lol bloody hell, selling like hot cakes then. Still haven't decided what i wanna do money wise tbh. Part of me's tempted to experiment with giving what i've got a bit more power, but ho hum we shall see. I'll definately give you a shout once i've made up me mind though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts