Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today I was sorting out my wet footwell on my 1.8 Corsa by resealing around the brake servo. Annoyingly whilst stripping everything down the clutch line to the fluid resivoir popped off. I managed to quickly put it back on but lost a bit of fluid (it was only off for a matter of seconds)

I assume once everything is back together I am going to need to bleed the clutch. Is this possible to do by just pumping the pedal and loosening the bleed nipple on the gearbox, or do I need to buy the proper clutch bleeding tool?

Cheers, Joe

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
No bleeding necessary. That line goes straight down, so where does the air goes? Up in the reservoir. Fill it up to the line and forget about it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just replace the lost fluid first, if the pedal goes soft or to the floor it needs bled, you just open the nipple and get someone to pump the pedal until the air is out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right everything is back together now, the fluid didn’t actually drop below the minimum so didn’t have to top it up, both brakes and clutch are working fine.

However, I now have a hissing noise coming from the servo!! Anyone know what’s going on...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that’s fine, it’s not coming from the pipe, somehow I think I’ve knackered the servo!! Hissing noise is coming from behind it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must of disturbed something whilst removing it, there was a bit of surface rust on it but nothing major. Totally gutted!! Need my car for work this week. I’ve taken it for a few drives today and brakes work normally as they did before. Will take a chance...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I must of busted the servo when prizing on it with a pry bar to remove it. Then I realised I’d removed one of the wrong 13mm nuts in the footwell and there was still 1 nut holding it on.

Anyway, I found the part number, 13101485. Now £22 lighter for a second hand replacement, and more man hours in the cold to replace it... that’ll teach me!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Face your mistakes and learn from them. Well done to come forward, well done to replace it. Part numbers we can only get with a chassis number, as are some variants to that servo.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Whilst it in bits reseal the servo backplate etc, there are various threads available, one by myself has a couple of images.

Hope this helps

Cal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brake servo now replaced and hissing noise has stopped. Brakes feel firmer.

Annoyingly, unlike last time, the brake light switch needs reseting which is very fiddly!!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I just normally jam the pedal down. Pull red clip forward towards end of the plunger and use long nose pliers to pull the switch to it max position, push red sleeve back and allow pedal to return to normal. Press it a few times. Just take the lower panels out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Managed to jam the brake pedal and just pull the plunger out with a pair of long nose pliers.
Footwells seem to be drying out aswell after resealing the backing plate two weeks ago.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Run the car upto temperature and turn on the heater, set it at max heat, to the floor and fan speed 3. Leave a window open slightly so the moist can escape.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts