Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a nice raw from my exhaust it's not too loud but my engine sounds ****ty when I drive it I want to out a air filter/ induction kit onit to make it soundbetter iv seen it done in a few different ways..

Way1: drill currentair box and place filter in there gaining air from in the engine nd from the front air scoup

Way2: take top cover off the top of air filter box in car and place filter I. There gaining air from the front and maximizing the air consumption in the engine bay or

Way3: do awaywoth the whole lot nd just leave the air scoup on it's own in the engine bay ?

What's best?

Cherz

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
1. is your best, better intake pipe, performance filter like pipercross, K&N, ect, the drill and de-restrict

2. i don't get 100% what your trying to do.

3. is stupid, if its got no filter its just going to suck all sort of shit into your engine

·
March Feature Car
16,652 Posts
Last two are stupid tbh mate.
But a forced induction for a bit of noise :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't mean leave nothing on the end of the last two ment leave the new air filter on but just do away with the old filter box the big standard one nd the front air intake but think I'll stick with 1st one what's best to buy as iv seen some cheap ones but think there cheap and nasty will putting this on give me gains? What the draw back less fuel etc?

Cherz

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
i got open induction kit, with large cold air feed from behind the upper grille, i still get 50mpg if i drive carefully, or about 35-40 if driving normally

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
i was using drilled and de-restriced air box with pipercross panel filter for 5-6 months, never had any problems :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts