Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin of puttin a k&n panel filter in my standard airbox in my 1ltr. will it make much difference to the performance and fuel economy? im mainly afta more torque in 4th gear for overtakin- any other suggestions????????

S

·
0 Posts
TBH it's not going to make any noticable difference in performance on a smaller engined car. You will get a nicer noise from your engine though.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I fitted a pipercross induction kit with cold air feed and it definatly picked up a little bit quicker :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
i went for the cheap option and drilled my airbox :twisted: which gave the sound i was after and it felt a bit quicker in the colder months but come the summer with the hotter air etc. the car was definately slower and overall i used much more petrol - i've since coved the holes in my airbox with cardboard (stuck on with glue) :oops: Don't know how an air filter would affect things though :shock:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Swop to shell optimax and change the panel filter, it will feel more responsive, but remember it's still a 1L 3 cylinder engine, with no get up and go!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts