Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove both of the front seats from my Corsa c to remove damp old carpet but ever since I did the airbag light has come and won't go off, I put a code reader on there and nothing has come up and needs mot soon

Could anyone tell me how to fix this or what the problem is??

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hi there well i would think disconnecting the plugs would have created a fault code...you would prob have to use an OpCom to see it, i doubt an eobd code reader would find it, if all else fails try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes it might clear it....you have connected things back up again i assume....from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I'll try disconnecting the battery now and will let you know how I get on thank , yeah everything back together tidy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there well i would think disconnecting the plugs would have created a fault code...you would prob have to use an OpCom to see it, i doubt an eobd code reader would find it, if all else fails try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes it might clear it....you have connected things back up again i assume....from Fred in Essex.
Just tried what you said and I thought it worked but the light only went off for a couple seconds then came straight back on �� anything else I could try or shall I just buy a proper scanner and have a look that way?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Well someone else might come up with some ideas....there are some things you can do, OpCom works with windows PC's you can buy them cheap off ebay from china, but there is no guarantee it will work properly...you would be better off getting it off one of the guys off here, one suggestion is @OpComDiagnostics he knows a lot about the system and can point you in the right direction....you could take it to a garage and they can do a code test for you, some small garages can do it and not charge as much as a vauxhall agent....just trying to think of most common problems, i believe that system is connected to the BCM somewhere along the line...i know the connectors under the seat can give problems, make sure there clean and tight, and the clock spring it top of the steering column can break...and i think the system is tied up with the seat belts....so its wise to try to find fault code first, or you could waste money on stuff you don't need....if you know a garage that has a snap on modis or verus that can do it....good luck from Fred.

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
yeah, i have a few, not saying there the right ideas like :lol:

have ya checked the wiring and the plugs.. clear the codes, unplug the connectors from under the seats, check wiring and plugs, refit plugs, reconnect battery, see what happens, free if it dont work.

·
Registered
781 Posts
as andy says i'd take the plugs off again, disconnect battery first though then plugs on and leave battery for at least 10 -20 mins before reconnecting

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to remove both of the front seats from my Corsa c to remove damp old carpet but ever since I did the airbag light has come and won't go off, I put a code reader on there and nothing has come up and needs mot soon

Could anyone tell me how to fix this or what the problem is??
Did u plug the pretensioner connection back in under the seat?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having exactly the same issue - my Corsa has been off the road for about a year (battery ran completely flat). At first nothing in the interior worked due to moisture ingress at the BCM but I took that apart and gave it a scoosh of contact cleaner which brought it back from the dead.

Now my airbag light is on and wont turn off and I need to get the thing in for an MOT.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Crap testers will show nothing. Battery disconnect will fix nothing, not for the airbag systems. Get a proper diagnostic tool and clear faultcodes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought an opcom and found the code - B1000 - Replace Electronic Control Unit (ECU) (00), took the SDM module out from under the centre console and there was some water ingress. Would replacing the module work or does the ECU need reset as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, was there a fix for this? I’ve removed the front seats in my corsa C and when I’ve put them back in, plugging the connectors back in the air bag warning light is on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey guys, was there a fix for this? I’ve removed the front seats in my corsa C and when I’ve put them back in, plugging the connectors back in the air bag warning light is on.
Disconnect the battery for half an hour

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts