Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to ask something that we all know the answer, I go without aligning direction, but with nornal tires I did not notice anything, with semi slick alante if I notice that in highway curve I accelerate and enters in a way, I stop accelerating and without changing steering wheel the car opens the route of the curve, what I do not understand is because with normal tires this was not noticeable, so firm are the semis that you can see everything? by national curves I did not realize this effect, grab like a transatlantic in the earth and you do not realize this effect that happens at 120kmh

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Just trying to understand what you are asking. You went from standard road tyres, to semi slicks, which you are still using on the road, and in doing this the characteristics of your car have changed?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
It may be worth paying to have the wheel alignment optimised. I did this after switching from 15" SXi alloys with 4Seasons to 16" SRi with Michelin PS3s. I did this because it was having its MOT (ITV) and I did hit a kerb badly in the dark when passing an abandoned douane/aduana at the Spanish/French border when returning to UK. With the Michelins and the alignment, the handling is more like a sports hatchback than a 5-seat van.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts