Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
vibe are gash all the stuff below competition level are rubbish not great sound quality or clarity
prone for breaking down and always power hungry but dont promise the power they give

secondly they have so called entry level fli and edge which is the same old crap they make just branded under other names just to make more money thats all

alpine p1ss's all over vibe there sound quality is far superior and better manufactured than vibe,

end/

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
IF I had to choose out of them then Alpine....

If we are talking alpine/vibe money....then Diamond/CDT/Rockford will get my pick ALL day long!!!!

teamSPB

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
oh....tell him to shhh...no point trying to educate people who dont wanna listen! Been trying to do it for years...just let the cars do the talking...people will soon shut up ;)

teamSPB

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've tried, and I know what you mean! They just refuse to listen, like you say! So annoying! :lol:

A bit off topic, but what components would you go for, for about £150 mate? Looking for sound quality and thinking of going for some Hertz speakers.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah Josh we need to find a decent audio shop round here, I wanna compare components. Or hopefully wetherby meet might be able to have a listen to some peoples :)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
For <£150, without a doubt, either CDT CL62.5's or Diamond D3's...especially if you like a nice crisp sound!

For someting more natural sounding and laid back, then the DLS R6a's :)

teamSPB

G

·
Yeah Josh we need to find a decent audio shop round here, I wanna compare components. Or hopefully wetherby meet might be able to have a listen to some peoples :)
my stuff wont be amped by wetherby meet :( hopefully after end of February im gonna be finished audio wise

hertz FTW

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
The only complaints I have on Rainbow and Hertz are their tweeters...too laid back...and most people that I know who used them..blow the tweeters as they are always wanting more :( In my time I sold around 60-70pairs of the Hertz and Rainbows...I even used to run the rainbows...but as time went I saw people really into the audio game use things like Hybrid, CDT, DLS etc and would never go back :)

Its natural progression at the end of the day :)

teamSPB

G

·
The only complaints I have on Rainbow and Hertz are their tweeters...too laid back...and most people that I know who used them..blow the tweeters as they are always wanting more :( In my time I sold around 60-70pairs of the Hertz and Rainbows...I even used to run the rainbows...but as time went I saw people really into the audio game use things like Hybrid, CDT, DLS etc and would never go back :)

Its natural progression at the end of the day :)

teamSPB
yeah i kno one of my tweeters went so i need a new set of them too

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
hmm, well when i upgrade from my vibe comps, apparently im in for a treat..

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
to be fair, i never really got that much into car audio before, my brother had a bit, but all he got was 6x9s that sounded w*ank because they distorted. and he always gets infinity. he go a load of infinity refernece stuff for xmas, havent heard it yet, but even im dubious.

all i ever got was a cheap HU, and a cheap sub deal from motor world when i got my first C, and then moved that to the second, and got the vibe blackairs, took me a year to do that. so from where im standing its been a good run. i mean they may not be as good as all the other stuff but they were 45 quid and i liked the design.

and yes ive heard it before from people saying that they are gash looking, but at the end of the day. my car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts