Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you take the panels off the inside footwell, behind the gear lever, there is loads of space! Make sure you secure em though as if u dont, they vibrate on the gearbox linkage shaft and gets seriously annoying! :lol:

Can even take out the HU and stuff em down there!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those Kenwood comps,

Are you running them through the headunit or off an amp??

I want a good set of comps to run off the headunit, i am willing to spend £100.

Crosalover can u recommend a good set of comps for under £100

Cheers People

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have run the Kenwoods from both my Alpine Hu and now from a 5 channel amp which does front and rears. For £100, u may even get the HQ series ones which are even better, but dont forget u will need to get the speaker adaptors!! :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do u know anything about these?

JBL-GTO-6506C

What make are the HQ series?

I take it you recommend comps over coaxial?

Could i fit the crossover in with the tweeter?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Crossovers are too big to fit in their with the tweeters. From what I've read you put the crossovers inside the door card or in the footwell by the gearstick. Or you could put them in the glovebox maybe? I know nothing about comps so I don't know what they are far i.e. whether you need to access them ever

·
Registered
379 Posts
aight tipper!

i got those jbl 6506, n they are ok for the price u pay for em. They are well bassy for front speakers tho! The treble from the tweeter are quite loud, but are not crisp enuff. not bad for the price. my bro has got a set of kenwood dualmag components and when compared too those, these aint that good. they are damn loud tho! if u turn it up, they pierce ur ears! thats with em running from my headunit!

for a similar price, i think you can get a set of infinity reference 6500 components! they are better quality than the jbls in my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Johnny 5.

Cheers for that mate,

So what Kenwoods is you bro running?? How much were they??

What headunit you running them off??

Where did u hide the crossover?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yo tipper,

My bros kenwoods are the dualmag ones with the purple cones and fancy crossover, but the older design, let me see if i can find the updated versions.

[url]http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_61_109+products_id+220 [/url]

These should be the updated ones,but he got the smaller version,so these should sound the business. They have super small, light weight magnets aswell,something about the metal used for em, so therefore aint that bassy, but are MEGA crisp and clear.

i am currently running em off my kenwood psw9524 headunit, which aint got much power in it to be honest,but shedloads of volume. I got more bass out of my standard vauxhall headunit, that made things in my car rattle when i turned it up (with uprated speakers obviously).But this headunit makes me deaf when volume is cranked up.

I didnt hide my crossover,just randomly screwed it to the panel on the botttom far end of the door, where the panel is flat, past the door tray bit. they do stick out a bit but really cant be arsed to fiddle with them. was gonna cut out a square in the door panel, so that they sat flush in it, but that takes too much effort. might do something to em sometime during summer.

If u do get the jbl's, might aswell get the 6x9 to go wit eml,since they are so cheap. u cant really go wrong wit em, as they are 100 watts rms, are very bassy and are quite loud. not bad for around 35 quid!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Johnny!!

I will prob get a set of the Jbl's as i've heard them in the shop.

So i know what to expect from them.

I'm gonna see where i can put the crossover if i find somewhere i will let you know then u can hide yours the same.

Well i'm gonna change all the speakers first then get a headunit.

My headunit is making the plastic around the speakers rattle at the moment.

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah man, I changed my speakers first,as the original ones are a bit crap when turned up loud. u will love those jbl's man, they make such a difference from the originals. im quite surprised about quality of the original headunit tho,its quite powerful. :shock:

I think the tweeters should be able to fit in the original holders,but i managed to break a clip on mine, so i stuck em on top of the plastic bit, over the tweeter grill.

here is the pic of the tweeter from the dash view,u can just about see it.

as for the crossover, it is just stuck on the door panel as shown: :?

and while im puttin pics u,might aswell put up a pic of my stereo! :lol:
[/img]

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looks really good, but makes it very obvious you have spent some ££££ on your system to those thieving scum who are always looking for their next victim. The Corsa is very easy to break into, as i discovered when i had my whole system nicked, along with 40 CDs and a pair of Oakleys, plus a chissel put through the door skin......enough said. :?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts