Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Yesterday I fitted the z20let and gearbox into the car. Didn't take many pics as I was pretty busy trying to get everything done in a day.

First I fitted my lightened flywheel and competition clutch with ARP bolts. The flywheel was an eBay bargain. £60!

After damaging the last pair of driveshaft seals I fitted, I got my Dad to make up something to push them in with. Worked a treat.

Got everything into the bay without any hastle. I would have left the front of the car on but didnt have any way of hoisting the engine in on an angle.

I didnt take any more pics after that as I was in a rush and wanted to get the car on its wheels again. I still need to fit the rear mount, as I have got the wrong rear fork mount. I didnt realise I need the 1.7 fork to use the adapter plate I have.

Fitted then new wheels just to get the car out of the way. I'll be sending them off for powdercoating this week, with new tyres too. Gonna have to get some extra bolts haha

All in all I'm pretty chuffed.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
Bit more progress today. Fitted my VXR Turbo.

Then fitted an Astra Alloy rad I got for a steal. Another eBay bargain.

Had to modify the brackets to get it to fit, but I'm making up more brackets to support it propperly.

Also managed to get the wishbone polymounts fitted the other week. They'll go on after the subframe has had the front mount bracket welded on and powdercoated.

Bought some 308's and mintex pads.

Got my wheels back from powdercoating this week too. Really chuffed with them. Can't believe how much the brakes fill them up.

I'm waiting on some silicone piping, braided fuel line and gotta get the ecu reflashed. Should be running soon.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
They're Yokohama Advan Fleva V701. Ready some good reviews so thought I'd give em a go. Can get another set for track days
I use Yoko Advan AD08R's - and rate them so high, theyre great in the wet too! yours look good - worth knowing what you think of them :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 · (Edited)
Theres been loads of progress in the last few weeks, just been too busy to post it on here.

First up, I made up some brackets for the rad. Managed to do it without having to cut or drill into the corsa. I also fitted my fans at the same time.

I ran new braided fuel lines for the fuel return and feed. Used the appropriate AN fittings so no need for jubilee clips or bending astra fuel lines. I'll get some better pics of these at some point.

Bought myself a 3" exhaust with sports cat. The steel workers at work welded up a flange to the end of it for me to reduce the piping down for the 1.2 system. I'll use it to get through an MOT, then I'll get a full stainless sytem made up.

The ECU and silicone hoses turned up so I thought is try fire it up. After making my own starter loom I was worried thet I had done something wrong. After making a few checks, found the starter motor was dead, so I bought a new one.

Started first time :yipee: Been trying to uplad a vid, but photobucket isnt playing ball atm

Also painted up my brakes and carriers. Fitted new seals and pistons, aswell as HEL braided lines. Will get better pics when I fit the new suspension.

managed to bleed up the clutch so I've got gears now. I took the car for a drive up and down my road yesterday. Went well except for the 1.2 shocks haha

·
Registered
781 Posts
what a great sound, fantastic work my friend, ok, i know i went and got a mercedes but i actually miss my corsa, think i'm still a bit heartbroken over selling it :shrug:

81 - 99 of 99 Posts