Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put some ICE in my car, and had an idea. I am going out to ammerica in october, i know its a few months away, but would allow me to save more money. SO my question is, will any of the ice out there work over here. i take it that amps, components and subs would work fine????
The only prt im not sure about is the stereos, i would like one with a screen, but dont know if they would work, EG pick up the radio sations, and tv channels(could buy a english freeview adaptor) and the sat nav. As for the dvds i can reburn them in ntsc format so thats not so much of a problem.

Just a quick search on the net and found this shop, they only have a small selection, bt im sure there are otheres around, but a pineeror HU with satnav dvd the works is only like $1000

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...istory=cat00000+cat03000+cat03064&id=cat03065

This option would save me alot of money, and allow me to spend it on other things, so any ideas on if this ice would work i would be gratefull as i dont want to buy it and come home and it not work.

·
Banned
30,036 Posts
i had a search.. i found a fair bit of info... including this gem:

i bought a pioneer head unit from america, the frequency range for the uk is about the same as the american range, but in america they only use odd frequencies, where we use both odd and even, so you can only pick up certain stations. Also, you wont have RDS so it wont display the station name and it wont change frequencies as you move into different areas. I dont know if the rockford one will be the same, but its worth checking if you like the radio

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You will be able to get most gear cheaper (due to the exchange rate and the relatively humongous mass marketing they have in the USA compared to the UK).

I'd try to get some powerbass gear since it is good stuff and an american brand so it should be much cheaper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks, so you think that the speakers and amps will probably work but not so sure on the radios because of the freequencys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts