Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good angel headlights of eBay cause some of them don’t look that good compared to others

Cheers

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I haven't done angels, others here have some, so they'll have more direct experience. I've replaced factory with TYC, no complaints, and I'm considering Depo when I change my Combo to LHD. Made in Taiwan, but I never read bad things about them and they review well in various forum posts on several cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done angels, others here have some, so they'll have more direct experience. I've replaced factory with TYC, no complaints, and I'm considering Depo when I change my Combo to LHD. Made in Taiwan, but I never read bad things about them and they review well in various forum posts on several cars.
Yeah I’ve seen them TYC around. I’d probably go for the morette headlights or the depo

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Good point, z22e; I was going to say that, but forgot. Many of those listed new on ebay - and you have to scroll down and read the print - are for the LHD market (which is what I need. Either boring std ones from a Spanish breaker's or new aftermarket fancy jobs). Although Depo lights for other cars can be switched LHD/RHD - ay carumba! - I don't know of any Corsa C aftermarkets that are switchable. I would love some, if they weren't too costly.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have switchable angle eyes. take the stock non projector motors too. cost £170 for the pair though. got them 5-6 years ago from LMF Vauxhall

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks, z22. That is steep (now, slightly steeper) but Depo ones were at least £144 on ebay and price varies widely from one day to the next. I looked them up and maybe these are still the same ones

The blurb says they are suitable for RHD and will pass MOT but I might have to post them a question to see if they are switchable.

It is a big splunk on a 02 Combo Tour, though. I might just spend €30 or so on a pair of boring old non-projectors from a Malaga recyclers. A lot depends on how regularly I'll be doing the UK-ES treks in future years once it becomes ES-plated.

·
Registered
922 Posts
It was the black ones I have. They have gone up a bit now though.
They are worth the extra money, a friend got a cheap set not long after I fitted mine and already they are falling apart and the lenses are discoloured.
36200143_1243120652491858_4791310406968672256_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks again, z22. LMF haven't got back to me, but switchable and chrome background (black looks a bit aggressive on white and I'd prefer a less-mod look as Spanish ITV inspectors can get finicky) puts them in pole position if I'm going to pay out for new Angels. The near-Malaga breakers still has a pair of the boring standards advertized at €30 - depends on how keen I am. They look great, the DRL is useful (a lot of short tunnels in Andalucia) and those Chineebay DRL/fogs didn't really work out for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts