Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres sumthing rattling in my sterring wheel area....well annoying i want to fix it my self...i dot want to bother going to vuaxhall.....any one no wot te problem is.? just sounds as iff sumthing is loose....is it just a case of going in there and tighting up sumthing?

S

·
0 Posts
You meaning a rattling in the actual car?? Or is your wheel not tight or something?

·
Registered
972 Posts
i have loads of rattling in my car, does my nut in, i think the exhaust is knocking on the bumper, clips in the boot floor are so shite they rattle and summat else which i havent found out the cuase off...does my head in!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well when i go over bumpssumthing in the steering wheels makesa noise....and when i lossen it to change the angle it also makes a ratle noise.....is this gonna be a steering rack problem or sumthing?.....i tooom to sum guy ....he said he charge me 40 quid just to look at it.....i told him gimme my keys back

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alright mate i can tell you what that is that would be a pinch bolt which needs tighting up cos mine has just been back to vauxhall for excatly the same things makes the noise each time you go over a bump etc unfortually you will hvae to take it back to vauxhall but they wont charge if your car is still in warrenty. depending on how busy normally about 2 days with your car.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just a pinch bolt?.....so where abouts is it?.....do i reely need to takw it to vuaxhall coz i think i void my warranty with my wheels and induction kit....and i cant be bothered changing them around.....i have no bother taking my dash up and dismantling my cr tho...cos the whole car comes apart with a few pulls anyhow

·
Registered
107 Posts
for what i could get out of my vauxhall dealer there are two pinch bolts one at the top and one at the bottom of the steering rack but im not sure were to be honest you haven't change anything on the steering so i should imagen that it will be covered by warrenty just to be sure stick your original wheels back on as i dont no want im doing i let vauxhall sort it but u might be able to find somthing out in the haynes manuel

sorry i can't be of anymore help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts