Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
So glad I found this forum as i'm a complete novice when it comes to mods/mechanic etc.
Only been driving a few months, got myself a Corsa C 1.2 16v Design (i've since ben told it's an Sxi, don't know what the difference is). Had the unfortunate pleasure of hitting a patch of ice on the road and spinning into a wall so could really do with all the help I can get when it comes to advice. Cost to get repairs on insurance was extortionate so i'm gonna get my hands dirty and have a go at some of the bits myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people. Corsa_starsri - Bumpers dropped, got a bracket from vauxhall to replace broken part, if that don't work it's a new bumper. Dented front o/s wing, think that'll be a bodyshop job. Some scratches to rear o/s wing, gonna have a go at them tomorrow. And finally front o/s light casing cracked and scratched, been told full 'unit' needs replacing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, had a good look. The definately needs a new light, the fixing where it screws to the car body is cracked. As for the bumper, i've come a bit stuck. I've managed to remove most of the black plastic bit that's fixed to the wing, i think it's a guide for the bumper, but there's still a bit 'plugged' into the wing. I have a replacement 'guide' to fit.
And finally, while being under that corner of the car, I noticed a cable and plug hanging down, it's not for the lights as far as I can tell as I checked all the lights were working. It's a black cable with a blue stripe?

Mods - If this post needs moving to another section of the forum, please do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts