Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my sons 2006 Corsa C began to idle badly and show the engine warning light.
I've cleaned the sludge from the pipes going into the throttle body and found there was even sludge in the air inlet manifold directly above the throttle body. I've unblocked the pin hole in the stub behind and below the throttle body and
finally I took off the Throttle Body and cleaned it.

The problem is still there. I found these two videos on YouTube regarding cleaning the fuel injectors and the
EGR valve.

Can anyone confirm that these are workable solutions?

Best Wishes,

·
Registered
655 Posts
Does the car do lots of short journeys and never any decent runs? Sludge is common for lots of short journeys. Also, what code is coming up from the engine management light? Search for "Vauxhall pedal test" if you don't have a fault code reader

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply and for the pedal test tip.
Fault code are:
On the list of codes on this site there are code beginning with P, B, C and U. Do you know which letter applies to my car?

Thanks and best wishes,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to answer my own question. A quick search found
which states that the P codes relate to the powertrain and trigger the check engine light. That being the case my fault codes are:
0136 O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks and best wishes,

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
As you have 2 fault codes for the post cat lambda sensor I would start there. It's the one under the car at the back of the engine. Is there any gas leaks before it from the bottom of the cat, the joint at the front or the flexi pipe on the exhaust system? And check for leaks further back the exhaust as these can also cause Lambda faults. If that is all good replace the Lambda sensor.

You also have a code for the MAF sensor which could also be causing the poor idle. You can try unplugging the MAF (next to the air box and see if the idle smooths out at all? If it does then the MAF is faulty and needs replacing.

Both of these parts are quite common faults on old cars like our Corsa C's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts