Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my engine's ticking over i hear a sort of frequenty constant "tuft" noise in a sort of "tut-tut-tut" pattern

sounds like air, or something being injected into something else just wanna know if this noise is normal???

·
Registered
71 Posts
noise

i think its pretty normal if its the sound im thinking of
the 1.2 16 valave engine is quite noisy,,i think it mught be the toothed belt,,it aint got a cover, either that or it might be the oil pump,, anyway as long as you dont lose no power or oil or water ,dont worry bout it mine is the same

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
no the 1.2 is chain driven.what the ticking sound is.under the bonnet near the air box is a little valve that lets either air or fuel into the engine and they are pretty noisey especially on tick over when you rev it the sound seems to go for a few seconds it's not a problem they all do it some are louder than others

·
Registered
71 Posts
noise

is that the EKOTEC VALVE i keep seeing adverts for , i was thinking bout getting one of those but i wanted some info first, been on ekotec site and read up on it
what does it do exactly and does upgrading it improve or affect anything ie acceleration/fuel consumption/noise

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
no it's not a ekotec valve. it's a standard part on the c i forget whats it's called now it's just above the airbox.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Chewy said:
no the 1.2 is chain driven.what the ticking sound is.under the bonnet near the air box is a little valve that lets either air or fuel into the engine and they are pretty noisey especially on tick over when you rev it the sound seems to go for a few seconds it's not a problem they all do it some are louder than others
lol mate you know EVERYTHING :D

:)

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cheers then guys, was shitting myself for a mo, yeh when im driving along not a problem, jus when ticking over it gets a bit noisey

your right mdot chewy does kno everything, he end knew the area the noise was coming from without me even telling him

D

·
0 Posts
m-dot said:
Chewy said:
lol mate you know EVERYTHING :D

:)
:lol: this is true ;)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
weird noises

Talking of weird noises does neone know wat that weird whooshing noise is wen u give the accelarator a quick tap it happens in the really low revs and disapears after bout 2k rpm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts