1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
mine was the 2 year service included was the following

oil and filter
pollen filter
battery for remote central locking fob
brake fluid change(optional but should be changed every 2 years on the c)
seal ring
customer care certificate for the 2nd and 3rd year warranty
and a retaining clip for the rear shoes as one had snapped
adjust and check all brakes and grease cables and door hinges

total bill

£133.98 inc vat

the brake fluid change alone was £25
so someone is over charging

·
Registered
62 Posts
It should be serviced every two years or 20K, which ever comes first. Just had my second service, they changed the oil but only checked every thing else and told me it would cost me extra to change the pollen filter and the battery in my key fob! Total cost including fuel treatment was £153.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
CorsaCsri said:
It should be serviced every two years or 20K, which ever comes first. Just had my second service, they changed the oil but only checked every thing else and told me it would cost me extra to change the pollen filter and the battery in my key fob! Total cost including fuel treatment was £153.
fcuking hell they saw you coming and service is 20k or 1 year whichever comes first

·
Registered
62 Posts
paul sxi said:
CorsaCsri said:
fcuking hell they saw you coming and service is 20k or 1 year whichever comes first
I meant one year, i was under the impresion that they were going to change them as i thought all vauxhall dealers would be the same.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah seen that. cheers paul. so im not the only one then lol. sounded abit steep when they 1st told me!

i'm coming up to my 2nd year now. done 16k miles. my insp indicator has just started to come on now - right on time eh! :)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
One dealer, two outlets, two prices! If your dealer just has a workshop, then it is likely to cost more than a one that has a masterfit. Why, but I don't know. Phone about, or take an example off here and pressure the dealer to match it, cos that's wot I did, and it saved me £25. I got the masterfit price from the garage 15 miles away and paid that price at my local (3 miles) dealer. It worked for me, and there is no reason why it can't for you. btw the price for serice two was £135 instead of £160 :thumbs:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers paul.

kash - hmmm interesting. i shall try that out. although the dealer i got this from is the biggest main one in the city.

Edit to say; just done a quick search on dealers and the one i'm booked into is not a masterfit. i think i'll be giving a few others a ring.

cheers. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Took mine in for its 2nd service and had the same checks and repairs done to mine as Paul did, apart form the snaped retaining clip, but my front brake pads were 75% warn so i had them replaced and got charged £91 for the privalage. it cost a sick total of £285 inc vat, think the basic service was charged at £155. Gutted! :cry:

·
Registered
71 Posts
service

dont be too gutted
a brake pad change at most garages wud prob cost between £45 and £70
and they wunt be on your warranty anymore cos vauxhall hadnt done em.
of course you could have done em yourself and saved even more money but personally things like brakes i leave to experts .even though i have changed plenty on older cars i have owned,also youd have same prob with warranty not covering them,youre not covered for pads themselves but if you had any problems with say pipes or brake calipers or even faulty brakes you wunt have a leg to stand on
dunt seem that bad now does it :wink:
plus dont forget youre getting superior vauxhall parts rather than the cheapest the garage can bang on for the most profit,,last longer and more reliable

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
the brake pads are £46 from vauxhall that means they charged you £45 to fit them :eek: worse thing is they already had your wheels off and it takes about 15 minutes to change the pads 2 bolts on each caliper.

·
Registered
322 Posts
say... when you have a service does it have to be done at vauxhall or can a normal garage do it? I've got some letters that come up on the odometer when I start up is this the inspection warning? Do all garages have the data tool that plugs into the dash underneith? will the inspection warning go off after a service at a garage?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
SilverSRi said:
say... when you have a service does it have to be done at vauxhall or can a normal garage do it? I've got some letters that come up on the odometer when I start up is this the inspection warning? Do all garages have the data tool that plugs into the dash underneith? will the inspection warning go off after a service at a garage?
yeah you have to have it done at vaux to keep your warranty.tip for you hold down your trip button and turn your ignition on keep it pushed in for about 10 seconds then let go of it..hay presto insp has gone :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
don't think I got any warranty left mate... cars a 2001 I'm second owner now, so I'll just take it to a garage its cheaper! Say does that work then, will it come back up?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts