1 - 20 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys :D

As some of you may be aware i own this corsa:

im sure most of you know the history behind it but heres a brief description:
Formally ben-111's old white corsa c off this site with a 2.0 c20xe engine fitted, i bought the car in december 2009 from him.

Then back in May 2010 i decided to get an engine conversion done to it as i was having countless problems with the c20xe engine and it appared to be on its last legs.
So i bought this 1.8 engine conversion package from IainD94 and asked ben951 cars to fit it for me.

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showt...ted-150-160bhp

I dropped my car up at Ben's on the 12th May 2010, originally the conversion was scheduled to take no longer than 2 weeks. 4th January 2011 and i still did not have my car back! A few problems occured along the way such as the engine bay needed re-weilding and the last 2.0 conversion that was done by the last owner was bodged to say the least but still no excuse for it not to be up and running after 9 months! Ben was demanding the best part of £3000 to take the the car in the condition it was in, finally after alot of hassle, he agreed to let me take it for £200

The current state of the car at this moment in time is the only work that been done is the new engine has been fitted along with all wiring but it wont start.

heres the most recent pic ive got of the car with the new engine in:

Then came the day when i went to pick it up and get it transported to Gary 2LT on the 7th January 2011.....

first signs were it didnt look good at all everything was stripped out inside the car and all the parts were just inside the car...

then after pushing up a massive steep slope, we got it onto the road and loaded it onto the tow truck

next day it arrived at garys house....(tony, gary, petrolhead Matt, jj Corsa all stood in shock)

bens engine bay welding.....

everyone having a look at the engine...

so now begins my 1.8 corsa restoration by Gary-2LT, which i can probs say is going to be his toughest job yet :p

will try to keep this thread updated as much as possible and im sure gary will too :)

thanks to everyone who helped me out in the other thread too! :D

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
So has the problem been pinpointed with this engine? iirc I last read somehing about ECU being weird?

·
*** Problem trader - DO NOT TRADE ***
10,920 Posts
:)

Need to clear a couple of cars before i can start properly on this but basically everything needs pulling out and starting from scratch id say a weeks work going totally flat out, engine bay is a complete disgrace!

Needs tidying up let alone getting it running :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Need to clear a couple of cars before i can start properly on this but basically everything needs pulling out and starting from scratch id say a weeks work going totally flat out, engine bay is a complete disgrace!

Needs tidying up let alone getting it running
When I first saw the pics I thought that was going to be the case, its often easier to just strip back and start again rather than trying to work out what someone else has done wrong.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
need to get some mates to help me move the car the steering colum just fell off :eek:

wtf has ben been doing!
why would ben of done that to the steering column? :? wondered why it was falling off when i picked it up lol

·
*** Problem trader - DO NOT TRADE ***
10,920 Posts
why would ben of done that to the steering column? :? wondered why it was falling off when i picked it up lol
:lol:!!

i really dont actually know!?!?!!?

first ever 1.8 conversion where steering colums been removed/unbolted :/

1 - 20 of 922 Posts