Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help?

I have a 53 Corsa that has the standard cd headunit that comes with the sxi!

I am about to purchase an ipod and install it into my ca. I was wandering if anyone knnows whether there us a line in connection on the back of the head unit? I think the line in should be an AUX I want to connect my ipod from the lineout on the unit to the rear of the cd player.

I know i can connect the ipod using an fm transmitter but i direct aux connection would be better quality.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great..lol that means i either have to buy a new head unit or use an fm transmitter which are illegal to use. Hmm..not so much worried about being caught by the cops but i want better sound quality.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You could always buy an amp and speakers and use the input into that.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mate has an amp he said he would give me. What are you suggesting? run my head unit to the amp then amp to car speakerers then ipod into the aux on the amp if it has one?

Do you think this will work?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The standard HU wont go through an amp, you'd need pre-outs, and hance a different HU, which defeats the object.

Maybe a pair of 6x9's or so mounted on the rear shelf dedicated to the amp, and you just run the ipod through that, and the HU still workd the 6 speakers as normal.

It's too messy tbh, best just change the HU.

Told you I was thinking out loud! Not one of my best points :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the idea anyways. I think i will just put that sont head unit in the fx7700 that has aux and will look mint in the corsa.

Was going to buy it in america as its £170 cheaper than halfords but wasd told fm radio would not work as europe fm is not supported. Which i thought was strange.

thanks guys

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, the Americans use a different bnad of frequencies to us here in the UK, so it's cheaper, but you can't use the radio. The cheapest I found was £202 + £10 delivery.

If I don't buy before Trax, I'll have a closer look at Chewy's, as it's almost the same apart from the colours and the 4V pre-outs.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just buy the fm transmitter and use that! Its is quite good quality (my mate has got it)and no one will know you are using it? its not like the police scan the whole fm frequency! it wont transmit that far anyway,so only the cars next to you will be able to receive your music if they are tuned in(which they wont be).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks JOhnny. I guess for now i will get the fm transmitter? Which does he use the i-trip? im considering buying the poddock with a built in fm transmitter ive heard the audio is even clearer than the itrip.

Let me know your thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts