Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
bad boot repair - De-badge horror!!!!!!

I purchased a set of Nurburgring vinyl cheques about a month ago. (simalar to the new astra / corsa)

Due to it being a mild calm day, I thought it would be great idea to fit them whilst the snow has cleared. . . :dontknow:

. . . So, into the car to the local car wash, then to local quick fit for tyre valve (explain later) and finally back home.

De-badged the doors, then removed the black sticky S:censor:T left behind Using the tyre valve (cap end inserted into a drill), then a quick t-cut over and fitted new SRi 140 vinyl decals - look great;). then starts t-cuting the bonnet, roof and get to the boot and realise I hadn't De-badged the boot to make way the the chequerd vinyls. . . .

. . . upon removing the Corsa badge i noticed the laquer around it was flakey! carried on and removed the vauxhall badge only to notice that was the same upon further inspection the boot had had a dodge paint repair, then the whole boot laquerd including the badges so as i roved the badges I could clearly see two different layers of laquer - absolute S:censor:T repair.

Now I'm gonna have to get the boot resprayed propperly before fitting the vinyl!:banghead:

·
Registered
454 Posts
mine was the same on the back quarter slight difference in colour of paint after de-bump stripping.. so i had to stick them back on f-ing gutted

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
excuse to smooth your boot now ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts