Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gaming Night Organiser
11,728 Posts
I kno what you mean, my subwoofer is just plain boxed, but my mate has a JBL tube, its significantly louder than mine even tho they are the same speaker, 1000w JBL. apparently the tube acts as a "reflex" which im told magnifies the low frequencies by using the motion of the speaker in both direction to your advantage. the only difference i see is that more bass is produced, just because of the tube. go for the tube if you have the room for one.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I kno what you mean, my subwoofer is just plain boxed, but my mate has a JBL tube, its significantly louder than mine even tho they are the same speaker, 1000w JBL. apparently the tube acts as a "reflex" which im told magnifies the low frequencies by using the motion of the speaker in both direction to your advantage. the only difference i see is that more bass is produced, just because of the tube. go for the tube if you have the room for one.
What exactly are you on about?
A subwoofer is a large speaker.
Most subwoofers need to be installed in a box (some are "free-air" subs that can be mounted to something like a parcel shelf)
A bass tube is a sub (or subs) pre installed in a tube-like box.
There are very few which sound decent when compared to subs installed in properly user design and made boxes.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts