Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is it possible to add a bass and amp to the pre-existing corsa headunit, i have the cd2005 one. Just wondering if it has the right connections etc. Also does anybody know the easiest place to get a stereo lock key?

Thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,
Ben

S

·
0 Posts
Do you mean add a sub + amp rather than bass + amp? I haven't seen any one that has hooked up a sub to the standard hu yet. You better getting a new hu.

Stereo lock key, is that the code you have to type in when you take the hu out? That should be in with all the stuff in you corsa car manual (thats where mine was!).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, i have un down the 4 alan key screws on the front but apprently you need a stereo key to unlock some clips inside or something?

I have aquired a new bass and amp and basically wanted to know if the standard vauxhall corsa sxi headunit had the connections on the back availible :)

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
no the standard hu doesn't have anything on the back to plug your amp into.take your car to vaux they will normally take out your hu for free

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So its a 'take it out and put the fascia in' jobby? :(

As the digital screen shows things such as what station your tuned into etc, if you take out the headunit and replace with another one, does that just show the time and date from then on?

Thanks for your help guys.

Ben

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
well my local ice dealer hooked up a bazooka self amplified bass tube to the standard sxi head unit wit no probs, an yeah u need speacial long "alan key" like hooks to take the head unit face off cos i saw him do it, but i dunno exactly how they hooked it up, i cud put up sum pics if sum 1 wil host em

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
SxiSteve said:
well my local ice dealer hooked up a bazooka self amplified bass tube to the standard sxi head unit wit no probs, an yeah u need speacial long "alan key" like hooks to take the head unit face off cos i saw him do it, but i dunno exactly how they hooked it up, i cud put up sum pics if sum 1 wil host em
yeah you can do that coz it runs of the rear speaker cables.but the standard hu has no pre outs to plug your amp leads into

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah just have a look at any amp instruction kit you can for a mono channel take like one negative wire from the left speaker and positive from the right and put them into the high freqency input (or something like that) on the amp to wire up the sub to the standard system. Finking of doing that with my kit from my old car as i wanna get a quality head unit in time but not yet.

Not sure how you control the amp though because you have no were to put the remote wire which would normally go to the HU.

·
Registered
71 Posts
standard head and sub

ive got standard head unit cd2005
got myself some jbl components (165 watts£99)and a jblbtx250 active sub tube, from eurocar at brighouse, available on kroozin/motorworld site,
halfords are selling the sub for £200 dont bother .kroozin does it for £109 which is a bargain(nearly half price)
they fitted the whole lot,,in the original speaker and tweeter positions /the sub and all the wiring/crossovers/adaptors/fuses /speaker collars for £312 all in (£104 for fitting) very happy with it cos it looks totally standard and attracts zero attention..good solid bass with clear sharp top end notes and midrange from the components,,,ive got a young child so i dont want or need a system thats gonna blow out the windows,,just a good solid bassy,clear sound good enuf for me,,i aint a poser

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Steve, A decent pair of 6x9's would have done the same job. A professional shelf to hide em in only costs £60-70, and you get a crisper fuller sound without losing the bootspace. :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
kash said:
Steve, A decent pair of 6x9's would have done the same job. A professional shelf to hide em in only costs £60-70, and you get a crisper fuller sound without losing the bootspace. :lol:
dam straight lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
ice

cmon dont be daft :lol:
do you really think the standard head units gonna power a set of components and a set of 6x9,
have a word with yourself
you wouldnt get anything like the sort of bass im getting from my jbl active sub from a pair of rear speakers,
you cant know much about car audio or i dont think you wud have sed that
have a laff when you know what youre on about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Re: ice

steveirmsher said:
cmon dont be daft :lol:
do you really think the standard head units gonna power a set of conponents and a set of 6x9,
have a word with yourself
you wouldnt get anything like the sort of bass im getting from my jbl active sub from a pair of rear speakers,
you cant know much about car audio or i dont think you wud have sed that
have a laff when you know what youre on about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yep your right i have all the components and a standard hu when you turn it up it sounds w**k:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I had my comps and 6x9's running on standard hu for a bit, was ok for a temp measure. But your right sounds crap when you turn it up mine was cutting out too! Much better now got my pioneer hu. ;)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Well I suppose the 50w Apline hu might have just helped my case a little! But all you need is the 6x9's for that crisper tone with a lovely touch of bass. And as I said earlier I still have all my boot space, and a nice sound to boot.
So :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
kash said:
Well I suppose the 50w Apline hu might have just helped my case a little! But all you need is the 6x9's for that crisper tone with a lovely touch of bass. And as I said earlier I still have all my boot space, and a nice sound to boot.
So :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just had 6x9's on their own like you say and it is better as you still can use the boot and sounds good. But I just needed more bass in my corsa so had to get a sub/amp ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
as i sed before,,,,i wanted a total looking standard system,i didnt want to mess around with ""stealth shelves "" and all that ********,
so called "stealth shelves" aint that stealth,you can easy tell em apart from the standard
as for boot space i manage ok,
and if i really wanna fill up the boot it only takes 10 mins to take out sub cos i was brainy enuf to have a quick release system fitted to sub
ie a couple of clips holding sub to seat back and wiring which unplugs ,
youre talking rubbbish that 2 6x9 are gonna give the same bass as a jbl active sub
thats was the point of getting a sub soI CUD KEEP THE STANDARD SPEAKER SET UP BUT STILL HAVE QUALITY
READ THE POSTS PROPERLY BEFORE YOU COMMENT
I DIDNT WANT 2 6X9 AND A LOAD OF WIRING
I WANTED TO KEEP STANDARD HEAD I THAT WUNT POWER EM
MOST DECENT AMPS DONT TAKE SPEAKER CABLE IMPUT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts