Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery , alt , charging system , 2nd battery, ect

i have 2 mtx subs running 800rms each and need to power it.

battery - should i scrap my standard battery and put a bigger battery in with more amps ?

Altenator - ive looked for places who upgrades corsa alts but no success but im not sure this would work anyway,

split charging system - split charging system going to a second battery in the boot ?

if i took the standard battery out and put a bigger battery in this just means that im still giving it the same charge from the altenator, so should i upgrade altenator and get a new battery. Or

get a second battery and put it in the boot with a split charging system , Will this then give less power to the front battery ? and split the charge ?

Ive also heard of the big 3 being upgraded but im not sure how to do this and how this will make any diff ?

please help thanks :)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Battery , alt , charging system , 2nd battery, ect

i have 2 mtx subs running 800rms each and need to power it.

battery - should i scrap my standard battery and put a bigger battery in with more amps ?

Altenator - ive looked for places who upgrades corsa alts but no success but im not sure this would work anyway,

split charging system - split charging system going to a second battery in the boot ?

if i took the standard battery out and put a bigger battery in this just means that im still giving it the same charge from the altenator, so should i upgrade altenator and get a new battery. Or

get a second battery and put it in the boot with a split charging system , Will this then give less power to the front battery ? and split the charge ?

Ive also heard of the big 3 being upgraded but im not sure how to do this and how this will make any diff ?

please help thanks :)

Well, you'll be running 1600wrms, which isn't really a great deal if I'm honest. Alt upgrade may be an overkill for this much, upgrade TB3 and look at either a battery in boot or a nice big one upfront. Usually easier to put a big battery in the boot as there is more space there.

TB3 makes quite a fair bit of difference, as it upgrades wires between the alt and battery, so it has a higher capacity it can carry which reduces the resistance, which means its more efficient in charging the battery and feeding the amps power without unnecessary voltage drops.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so subs will be about 400 rms each = 800 but mtx say can push little more.. so lookin to get an amp giving out 900 rms or maybe 1000 ? what do u think ?

and is there a tutorial on how to upgrade tb3 ? or any1 who will do it ?

also need someone to fit the sounds in car ? any1 ?
thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
subs and amp and bat

ok so subs will be about 400 rms each = 800 but mtx say can push little more.. so lookin to get an amp giving out 900 rms or maybe 1000 ? what do u think ?

and is there a tutorial on how to upgrade tb3 ? or any1 who will do it ?

also need someone to fit the sounds in car ? any1 ?
thanks

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Best posting in your regional area to find someone local to you.

A mechanic or auto-electrician should be able to do TB3.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Doubt you'll fit 2 upfront, put whatever you can fit in the front, and if need be split charge another in the boot.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i could remove spair wheel and if big enough pit one in there lol. and do you have a diagram for split system . i think i seen you post one back a while ago and what do i need to do this ( parts, cable , terminals, battery, tape, cable ties, crimps, cutters, ) ect ? and how much all in ? wheres best place to buy it from

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.