Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've bought a '03 Corsa which seem to be missing the scuttle panel over the battery.
I've been browsing loads of threads about battery covers but all the eBay links are dead?!
Does anybody have a link for a decent battery cover?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,368 Posts
they dont have a battery cover? the scuttle panel is the sort of the battery cover, do you have a pic of what you mean and think is missing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm missing the scuttle panel that sits above the battery for starters, can't find one on eBay. So I thought there were aftermarket battery covers you could buy? I'll try get a pic later - it's just that the battery is exposed and I'd rather it wasn't, even if the general consensus is that it doesn't matter lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,368 Posts
no need for a pic now, i know what ya mean, i had a look on ebay and there is only the drivers side available, have ya tried ringing any breakers yards.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I remember a sub-windscreen to bonnet scuttle for £13 on ebay for over a year. Mine is really cracked and broken up (I didn't buy it because my car is LHD and the battery/water bottle positions are swapped). I'll look for it and post up - it may be in "completed listings" but not sold.

Other than that, I don't have any specific cover for my battery. With all the breaks, I bet rain water goes over it all the time. It doesn't like standing unused for more than a few weeks, even though it's new and heavy duty. Dunno if the lack of protection has anything to do with that. Anyhoo, I found the listing:

The listing's ended, but without a bid (again). As said, I have seen this for over a year so send an ebay message and the poor geezer will be glad to finally get an offer, I suspect.

·
Super Moderator
8,368 Posts
i dont think thats the part they are after, its the passenger side of the scuttle, the bit directly above the battery.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Huh. I was about to say "found it" (and a lot of extra plastic) and then realized, on a RHD car, that flap sticking out is the brake fluid cover where my battery is. Still, I put it up here in case you want to drop an ebay message asking if they have it. Don't know why they disappear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts