Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically my old battery was nackered so i bought a brand new one and went about fitting it, firstly i disconnected my positive and then my negative, took my old battery out, put my new one in and bolted it down and then reconnected negative and reconnected positive, but the thing is i still have no power what so ever, ive checked all connections, all tight as they can go and earth is still solidly tight! any ideas? or could it be the battery is nackered?

·
Registered
21,815 Posts
If you have a multimeter check the new battery has power in it. Have you tried turning on the headlights to see if they light up ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive done the old spanner trick with the sparks just to check it wasnt completely dead and it did spark, but i dont have any power at all, no interior light, no beep when the door is left open, no engine start, nothing :( now ive put my old one back it and i have power and the engine ticks over but it wont start? :S

·
Registered
753 Posts
ive done the old spanner trick with the sparks just to check it wasnt completely dead and it did spark, but i dont have any power at all, no interior light, no beep when the door is left open, no engine start, nothing :( now ive put my old one back it and i have power and the engine ticks over but it wont start? :S
Maybe the battery hasnt got much power in it. Try connecting it up to a charger if you have got one or know anyone with one.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
dont do the "spanner trick" its just stupid to do on modern cars. you can end up spiking the ecu or body control module

1 - 6 of 6 Posts