Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself some front fogs after finding some good ones close by. I allready had the headlight switch that has the front fog button on it allready. Installing the front fogs and found the allready in place foglight connectors taped up on each side of the outside temperature sensor loom. Added the front fog relay which is above the rear fog relay in. Added 15Amp fuse. Turned my lights on and tried to turn on the front fogs and nothing.

After plugging in Opcom on measuring blocks the front fogs remain set to off. Going on output tests I can turn on the front fogs and they will work perfectly.

Did some digging and found out that the headlight switch is missing the one wire that will turn on the front fog lights. This wire goes from the switch into the BCM.

I have installed cruise control on my car and needed to add the wire for that so I know I can just add the wire into the BCM.
Does anyone have the pin diagram for the BCM Multi pin plug?
Vauxhall Corsa C 2005 1.3 CDTI Z13DT Facelift

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you enable front fog lights in bcm variant config? Or there is no such option? Can’t remember.
Checked in there and there doesn't seem to be an option. I did take the headlight switch apart and follow the positive to the pin of the front fog button. The headlight switch has the pin but my car doesent have that one pin in the wiring loom. Should be able to attach a wire to it and to the BCM and then it will work.
Right now I've just used a peice of wire and attached it to the rear fog light fuse so they both turn on but still would like to do it proper.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured It out I hope.

2nd image shows the red crossed area which is the fog light switch.
You see the wire come out from pin 9 and goes into Pin A3 on the "A11" which is BCM A referring to the plug, 3 refering to the pin. Then it goes out of the BCM on pin B80. Into the relay, to the fuse, into the foglights.
Since I can activate the foglights through Opcom I know I have the B80 wire. So all I need to do is attach the wire from the switch to the 3rd Pin on the BCM plug

Full Diagram : https://imgur.com/I5OUj8T
Fog Light Diagram : https://imgur.com/HUgWDOf
BCM Plug Pin Diagram : https://imgur.com/6Y0bNIg

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Useful, Andrew. I bought a pair of aftermarkets as a replacement bumper had fogholes, and I also have the required headlamp switch. Please update on how you get along. Like you, I could live with a hack but would prefer a proper connection.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Useful, Andrew. I bought a pair of aftermarkets as a replacement bumper had fogholes, and I also have the required headlamp switch. Please update on how you get along. Like you, I could live with a hack but would prefer a proper connection.
I'll be having a go at it when it decides to stop raining, I'm hoping today or tomorrow. Had my BCM lid leak so I have to use silicone every time i want to take it off and put it back on. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks, I won't attempt mine until I get a bit of quiet time (at least a few days away) myself, so I'm shamelessly using you as the guinea pig of knowledge rather than being helpful. Very grateful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having a hard time actually reading these diagrams. the BCM pin layout I posted before is actually the ECM diagram (ecu I suppose).
Found another diagram of the Engine Control Module but looks nothing like what the BCM should look like
https://imgur.com/2UvSiky

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm hogtied at the moment (and not very good with wiring diags in any case). Marks152 is very good on wiring diags and usually digs out all the relevant stuff when asked. With luck, he might look in. Sorry to be such a wet lettuce on the help front.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Im in work at the minute but i have the diagrams and pinout at home for this as ive retrofitted them to a combo before.

If you could message me about 1pm today ill get the message when i wake up and ill attach them for you. Luckily my wiring diagram reading skills are better than my memory. Lol.

The diagrams you have look like autodata ones. I have the correct ones produced for GM.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I might be useless, but I do know people who aren't. In case Andrew's not around to see this, I'll drop you a PM with my details, Marks, and I can forward them to Andrew if you're not around. Might 2x your work, but it saves bouncing around as I'll also have a headscratch before - likely - making a decision to hand my spaghetti over to a solder monkey. And I can be a port of call if Andrew looks in when you're not.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Haven't read it yet, but I also have a pm, thanks marks. Let me know if anything's possibly missing Andrew, but I'll assume you're sorted for now otherwise.

EDIT: see you're online, Marks (I got a phone call as I was typing). Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Supposed to be sunny all day tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on, Ill try take some pictures as I go to post for you to see what I did.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Brilliant, Andrew. I'm still running behind and VanessaCombo has a rear courtesy lights prob that's come up on t'net before but with not much by way of replies so I hope to nosey around mine and see if I can find anything out tomorrow for her. Sunny all day is (a) quite often here and (b) bad news for doing jobs as "take me to the beach" calls are ignored at my peril. Plus, it's not fun doing anything worky. I'm actually looking for a nice, overcast day - but I'm glad the miserable weather (I drove through horrendous UK rain two weeks back) has turned.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just finished up. Working perfectly thanks to marks152 for the pin diagrams.
Took a few pictures forgot to take them while i was taking apart the BCM so there may be a bit of a gap between them.
Its worth cable tieing the wires into the BCM plug once you've put them in, just tie them to a few of the other wires. Or better yet buy the pins that fit and never have to worry about it :D
It's worth adding the cruise control wire while your at the BCM, unless you have no intention to ever add it at all.
If you need any help just ask .

BCM Side : https://imgur.com/a/jrFiYFn
Switch Side : https://imgur.com/a/Zg9TUDs
Vid of it working : https://youtu.be/ifEUaIpXUQQ

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Glad you got it working. Well done. I fitted cc to my 1.0lt but only had to add clutch switch wiring(to be fair the wires were there at the connector by door pillar so i reckon it had the wiring but i couldnt find it anywhere. It was quicker adding the new wires that stripping half the dash out to find it). Everything else was present which is unusual. Best mod i ever did. I use my cc every single day without fail. Cost me about a tenner for the mod.

Another mod i did for a combo owner was to link the highbeam to the fog lights. Not my cup of tea but thats what he wanted.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks, both. I shall have a proper look on the laptop rather than the phone at the beach. I have Vanessa's problem of no rear lights also (were fine before, suspect the garage attempts to get the rear wash wipes working, unsuccessful, might have dislodged something).

I would like to have the DRL/fogs working soon. CC would be lovely; my right ankle locks up from somewhere on the M6 until Malaga, but Marks says no chance with the 1.7 DTi. Bah. Coincidentally, I was looking at the stalk wistfully last night, and wishing my engine weren't so reliable so I could justify a 1.7 CDTi swap.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts