Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
*rear courtesy lights have gone out. The rear stop/tails are fine, or I wouldn't be sat on a phone watching the Med lap in (pleasant though that is)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I love the 1.7 dti engine. Really reliable. New turbo and injectors you get about 200hp I've heard. Planning on having it as my next car. Or an astra 1.9.
I need to try get the foglight telltale on the dash working. I think I need to solder it in though but if you see my dash its changing color and I'm not messing with all that again xD

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have massive respect for the Isuzu 1.7, my first diesel not in a hire-car. It thrums 1800 miles in 5 days without skipping a beat. Now I have the intercooler (Di was a bit glacial acceleration) I am even happier. 100hp for the 60-80 overtaking would be nice, but 'remap' made my boggo insurer a bit flustered.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I agree. The isuzu engine was pretty bulletproof. Im sure there was a issue with the oil pump on them. It happened to my mates works one. Prettt sure it was the nut/bolt coming loose. Other than that it will plod along for ever.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I agree. The isuzu engine was pretty bulletproof. Im sure there was a issue with the oil pump on them. It happened to my mates works one. Prettt sure it was the nut/bolt coming loose on the sprocket. Other than that it will plod along for ever. However he had a cdti too so might be getting confused with that. Both made it past 170k before they died but to be fair. They were company cars and had their arses ragged off them everywhere. Just abused like you wouldnt believe.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The original engine was replaced (not by me, the previous who was doing it up for Euro-trekking) on 250k kms which is ~160k miles and I think that was just precaution because no-one wants a whole family sat on the side of some autovia and then pay the laughable prices here for s/h parts. He left the old ancillaries with me. But I did notice advisories of an oil leak in the couple of years prior to the swap. I'll look out for anything suspicious over time. Apart from the left-hook, one of the things that swung me to the Tour was that the 1.7 CDTi was one of the few common-rails of the era without a stinking rep on the 'net. Ford/PSA, Fiat, Renault, even the 2.0 VW circa 2003-5 had their horror threads (usually the bolt-ons rather than the lumps themselves) but not the Circle L - and the non-common rails not at all. There was some lengthy thread of people doing real 'press the red button' boosts to the old 8v without immediately killing them. Just a few more ponies for passing the lorries on the inclines doing 60 would make me deliriously happy (as opposed to very satisfied).

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Andrew, had a quick skim tonight. Definitive, thanks, don't delete your Imgur for now (or perhaps ever) as I don't know of a better thread for retro-fitting fogs on the C/Combo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My post for the fog lights is probably the best out there for now. There might have been a few posts like mine years ago but the pictures have all gone now.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Exactly. CCUK tutorial section is a good read, and I had a coffee and Hobnob overdose on joining, but a lot of pictures of a cat and "this image is unavailable" underneath the text, "make sure you remove this (arrowed) first, or you will break everything"
which is a bit of a job-stopper.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts