Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just driving home now and I noticed that when my lights are on, which is a HID kit in Black Angel Eyes, that the light goes up on the left quite high, lighting up half the height of the houses on the side of the road. Is there anyway of aligning this or changing it in anyway so it dont go so high, like putting anything in the lens or what not because surely this will fail an MOT? Hopefully it don't because the eBay shop said that they are fully road legal and 'E' Marked.
Also the passenger side HID seems dull compared to the drivers side and flickers a little. I remember reading something about a different wiring installation, using a relay or something and connecting it straight onto the battery. Where can I get this and will it solve the problem?

Thanks in advanced! :dance:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Take it to local garage they'll align it for you for a few quid tops. I need to book mine in to get my HIDs sorted.

Its the other way around on my c, the driver's side flickers slightly and is a bit dimmer :dontknow:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked them to align it, they raised them up a little but that was just against the shutter doors. Didn't use any proper aligning equipment. Plus is there anything that they can actually do for it beacuase it looks like how the light is made, not how its aligned. This is what I mean, how it flicks up on the left:

When going down the road that really does lit up the houses lmao.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
It is supposed to flick up on the left.
That way it lights up road signs better.
LHD cars have a flick on the right hand side for the same reason

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I understand why it's there but the guy at the garage was not sure if it was too much. I've read on here before that they failed their MOT because it was too high or something?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Take it to a garage that uses proper equipment to allign the lights not one that just guesses where they should point.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Mine failed on the lights a couple of years ago, they just re-aligned them then passed it.
So it shouldn't be a problem if they are wrong

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok nice one :) giving me some peace of mind lmao

1 - 9 of 9 Posts