Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a corsa c 1.7 TDI mk2 failed mot from welding needed. The welding would cost more than cars worth.what is the best parts to salvage and sell before scrapping car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Rear lights and wiring tails, doors and electrics. Basically strip it to a bare shell. Most scrap companies (Scrap A Car Scotland are one) give good money on most cars. £130 for a 2006 Fiesta with. A knackered engine and we had raided parts off it as they only wanted the Cat, Battery and wheels.

I got £200 for my corsa from anoter local scrap yard. But I had to take the V5 and my licence to cross reference. That one was driven in with the rear axle hanging on by not much metal lol.

As long as it drives in they would have given the money. I could have trailered it and drove it round the corner lol.

Regards

Cal

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
What's called the EDU (a control unit located near to the diesel pump) is a common failure item on the the 1.7 and costs >£60 to have repaired. Used, working ones sell easily at £50 on ebay. I saw one with a BIN of £35 (mine works fine but a handy spare appeals) and it went while I was thinking about it. It requires no programming, so it's a popular DIY fix

Also, although 1.2 ECU kits are common and cheap, 1.7s are not. The clocks, key(s), locks, ECU and BCM together as a package will fetch reasonable money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts