Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It depends what pressure the carbs need to keep them full? You can use your tank once flushed out, not sure if the delivery pump will be right or if you need to swap to a petrol delivery pump? The fuel pressure regulator is in the top of the tank and can be removed to fit an adjustable regulator in the engine bay.
I think the stock fuel pressure on a petrol is 3.3 bar.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m pretty sure the carbs only need 5psi or something. I know if I were running a normal set up then the tank would need changing out for a petrol one as the in tank pump needed for petrol pressure is different (I may be wrong) but as I’m running carbs I’m hoping I can use the diesel one

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The diesel in tank pump may be a higher delivery pressure?
I'm pretty sure all the fuel tanks are the same just the pump that changes?
Like I said you can remove the in tank FPR and fit and external adjustable one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So can I literally drain it, run new hoses with inline filter and pump low down near the tank to a pressure regulator in the engine bay and to the carbs? Bobs ya uncle?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yes.
You can run the stock petrol type in tank pump to keep it all tidy as well.
You may need to run a 3rd fuel line from the bay back to tank as you will be taking the regulator out of the tank. Not sure how the diesel is plumbed?
You need, supply, return and vent lines. Vent is to the charcoal canister in the front wheel arch.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Corsaz22se do do know which carbs are best to get and what year bike they’re from. I have bought a inlet flange and 40mm pipe as I plan to make my own inlet manifold and was thinking zx9r as I believe these are 40mm internal bore and they seem to be cheaper than r1’s or zzr1100 ones but what year bike do I get them from do you know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts