Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something sounds to me to see that they are in black, when wearing the black vxr lights, the fog especially in phase 1 is out of tune, in Spain the rear reflector has to be red, do you know anything about the fog lights with black glass?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
If I remember correctly, the MOT (ITV) requirement and advice to police is that (1) the colour emitted from any rear light must be red (except indicators and reversing light) and that any tint must not reduce output by more than 50%

"Fly eye" tints are bought by some people because they do not exceed 50% but look more 'black' than uniform <50% tints. Restrictions to modifications are much more lax than they are in most EU countries, even when the UK was part of the EU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
UK MOT requires 2 red reflectors on the rear of a car, so in that case yes you would need to keep the fog lights red for MOT reasons, and perhaps legal and insurance. 50% coverage fly eye might come up as a minor on new(ish) MOT rules (I think they came in just before Brexit, was to bring them in line with the EU).

See: 4.8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts