Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure i read somewhere someone using black vinyl on door pillars? does it look naff..where do i get it and how do i bend it to stay in shape if u know what i mean?
John

·
Registered
729 Posts
ka$h has some vinyl to go on but I don't think he's got round to it yet. I'm sure he'll get some pics up when he has though (you know how efficient he is!:lol:)

He's a good lad! :thumbs:

·
Registered
11 Posts
:D Hi, i couldn't get hold of the vinyl that you are speaking of so i just sprayed the b pillar and it worked out well.

if your not keen on that then just ask a panel shop to spray it for you.
my old corsa b with the b pillar sprayed. 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks neat but im not too keen on gettin it sprayed tbh.....mines a 5 door so obv i ll need more than the b pillar trim that irmscher do.Im sure there was a white 5 door with it done and it looked grt with the tinted windows.As u can see in the pic it needs to come round to form a rounded shape at the top of the pillars.
john
ps if i was to have it sprayed should it be done in a matt..metallic or shiny black?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have also the 5 door corsa c and i am keen to do the pillars but the car is still very new and i wouldn't like to [email protected] it up just yet.

i used the matt finish as it looks very similar to the vinyl and for me it presents its self as being factory sprayed.

but the choice is up to you what ever you fancy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scott said:
I have also the 5 door corsa c and i am keen to do the pillars but the car is still very new and i wouldn't like to [email protected] it up just yet.
same here.....how do i get the vinyl to stick or does it kinda fold around?
Just done a Shop and if the side/rear windows are gonna be tinted fairly dark (is there a maximum?) then maybe the pillars should be shiny black?..opinions plz
John

·
Registered
729 Posts
xjrjohn said:
the side/rear windows are gonna be tinted fairly dark (is there a maximum?)
Only on the front side windows. 30% max I think (that INCLUDES the factory tint).

Plenty discussions on here about window tinting!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, MM you're right, I got the vinyl, but I aint got it on yet. as soon as I do, there will be pics. I am going for the gloss vinyl, but don't know how it will suit.

Guys, bear with me here. This is a mod to be done when I can fit it in so....

xjrjohn, as MM says 30% max tint allowed in front of the B-Pillar incl factory tint. Behind that go as dark as you like!

·
Registered
11 Posts
in regards to the tint i dont know what the U.K. law states but in South Africa we have a 35% on all windows anything darker and it must be removed but like all rules in life they are meant to be broken.

i have a titanium tint which is about 40% and almost mirror like. to prevent what we call ''smash and crab'' at traffic lights.

(then maybe the pillars should be shiny black?..) again up to you m8 try get a sample of matt and gloss and see what looks best.
cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts