Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to a bodyshop to get a quote for some skirts, irmscher front spoiler and rear spoiler to be sprayed and fitted..came to £584.03, £401 was for labour which is 16 hours....8 for spraying the parts and 8 for fitting parts.....

looks like ill have to get them sprayed anf fitted by my self :( im a complete amatuer when it comes to fittinf stuff, i can do any thing..so how the hell am i gonna do this? will cost me about £290 to get the parts sprayed..god damn it..any help on removeal of sxi skirts and guide to fitting steiny skirts and irmscher front spoiler? where can i get some tiger seal ?

ok, went to a diff bodyshop and they quoted me about £300 for spray and fit :

irmscher front spoiler
Steinmetz Side Skirts
JC roof Spoiler

fit:

SRi lower grille...

decent price?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
well mate firstly i just ordered a steiny rear spoiler, the original plastic crap is easy to take off, when you get into it you realise how easy it is to take your corsa apart, yes i recommend you get it sprayed by a professional as i will be when my spoiler comes, but i aint paying them god knows what to screw it on, id say do it yourself mate youll save a packet, it sure as hell wont take them 8 hours to put it all on lol more like 2 hours if that.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Do you know anybody in the trade that could do it cheaper :?:

It pays to keep in touch with your school buddys as 1 of my old m8's is now a sprayer for a Renault garage and knows his stuff so when I fanally start doing soerthing to my car I will go to him. He has a silver corsa c and does all the work himself and it looks mint.

Spoilers arnt that hard to fit and if you get a couple of m8's around im sure between you there would be the knowledge there it fit it along with the rest of your stuff.

Garages rip you off.

I had a little mark on my old pug 106 and took it to a garage and they quoted me nearly 150 quid. I nearly pissed my boxers on the spot. I used to work for a car hire firm that dealt with their own bodywork etc and I know they used to screw people over big time.

Give it a go m8 for get some more quotes and see if you can get the price down.

GOOD LUCK M8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
fcuking hell jas how much the whole of my steiny kit only cost me £175 thats for front spoiler,roof spoiler,rear 2 piece skirt,side skirts if you aint really got a clue mate i would get someone to do it for you as some of it is quite tricky

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i really dnt have a clue..i gjust got a roughquote from another bodyshop which will spray parts approx what u got urs done for, then ill ask how much tofit the skirts anf the front ..cos the rear is easy i know...

i went to the 1st bodyshop cos they did my 1st repair when i developed the liking of driving into a post, so i hoped they would of done it cheaper..in my head i had £250 to spray and fit parts, but when the woman priced me up to £600 i was shocked and cudnt say anything..she looked so smug and said "expensive aint it, a lad in there is getting his done for £700 and he has a lot more parts.." i was like fcuk u ***** i demand a thorough talk thru about how can it possibly take £600..then he told me to think about it..im NEVER going bacj again

S

·
0 Posts
Fit it all yourself mate - will save a bit of cash. I didn't really have much of a clue about fitting kits etc. But I have managed to fit all my kit to my corsa with not many problems.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, went to a diff bodyshop and they quoted me about £300 for spray and fit :

irmscher front spoiler
Steinmetz Side Skirts
JC roof Spoiler

fit:

SRi lower grille...

decent price?

·
Registered
663 Posts
sounds good to me, I'm gonna hopefully get mine done this summer. Anyone know of any good bodyshops round north west (merseyside/chester/manchester) ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just had my new bonnet done by VX - parts £114 and the labour for spray and fit was £480!! And the bonnet is only fitted with four bolts! 10 mins max to fit! :eek:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
ooo your a big man for doing this aint you :|

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.