Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the lifters thenselves surpossed to compress cus I cannot get mine to.

Any suggestions

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yes mate but you will find there very hard to push in as they take quite alot of weight.once there on you will find they work quite easy when you close the bonnet

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have put about 12 stone on them and they ain't budged, do they need anything extra

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You not got them fitted yet?

You'll probably find that with them fitted, when you close the bonnet it will fight you, as they are trying to expand. Admittedly you should be able to compress them manually, but not always, as you aren't pushing in the right direction. It's a matter of forces and thing scientific.

Get em fitted first and you should be able to close em up no probs.

K

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
they wont budge just applying pressure trust me.once there on they will work fine.tailgate struts are the same you can hardly budge them on there own but once on you can see how easy they are to move

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
£48 quid from demon tweeks. It's a tall price, but should look good when they're on. I fancy some, but it's just the price tag!

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bloody things, you have to drill the bonnet hinges on the car with the demon tweeks ones and the hinges is bloody thick, so not finished it today, need a new drill.

Got one fitted and it works but other will be a couple of days

D

·
0 Posts
Can wait to see these fitted - really thinking about getting some if they aint that hard to fit :D

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noonster said:
Can wait to see these fitted - really thinking about getting some if they aint that hard to fit :D
Hard.

You have to remove the bonnet complety, drill 4 holes through metal that don't wann be drilled, the attach lifters and repace bonnet

Sound easy :? :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
do you really have to remove the bonnet? could you not drill it in stiu?

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no Kask the bonnet is curved etc

Nearly there on the last hole of four with about 4mm to go

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a god. :D

They are now fitted, pics to follow soon

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
It's still curved when its off the car mate, what difference does it's location make to it's shape?

Ooooh, get the pics up will you, give me a look

1 - 20 of 38 Posts