Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else colour coded their boot handle themselves that has got a silver corsa?

In my handbook it says under colour star silver metalic, so I went to halfords got the colour in a can, primer and laquer. Fully read the instructions on the back of the can and began.

I wet n dryed the handle first, primed w n d again, primed again w n d again, coloured it w n d again, then laquered twice as stated on the can. I left plenty of time between each coat and didn't rush it. But the end result is perfect, the colour looks fine on the handle with no chance of peeling until I put it back on the car... at about 9 at night I put it on... looked fine... went out for a few... ther next morning went to wash her down and the sun was shinning, it was a lovely day until I noticed that the bloody colour didn't match the rest of the car!

Does anyone know what I did wrong? The handle is actually a bit darker than the car only slightly though. How can I fix this?

Whats the next colour up from star silver metalic?

S

·
0 Posts
It's similar on my black boot handle - but the bodyshop sprayed mine! Looks fine most the time but in some lights you can see it looks a tiny but different.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yea there are centain things of cars that are not he right colour. My fuel cover flap does not match the colour of my Black C in certain lights.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
easiest thing to do is goto vaux and ask for a corsa c facelift boot lock surround they come pre painted in all the vaux colours so should match.not sure on the price

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had the same with my DTM mirrors the holfords star silver is for the corsa b there is 3 star silvers its really annoying int it!Do what I did go back ot halfords get your money back and go to vauxhall and get it from there is cheap and you will get the right colour just tell them what year your car is an they will sort it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts