Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I would like to present my Corsa C 1.8 2001 when I bought it has 90k km on the clock . Anyways no pics of the day I bought it I just forget to make it .

This is before i start

the previous owner didn't paint the car well so I decided to change it . I start tear down the whole car .When i found a small rust spot i began to clean but The threshold was so eaten away by rust that could detach pieces by pieces

I bought the onther one and i send car to bodyshop the fix the rust and paint the whole car

They change whole side cladding because somebody use the filler to fix the dent

And they sanded paint to bare metal and remove the dents because i don't want the a tonne of the filler on the car

Before I choose color of the paint I decided to do something different with my car i modeled on the idea of ​​Inez Hage from Germany

After few weeks car was ready to paint

it would be enough today, more photos i will paste tomorrow . Sory for the English if there are any grammatical mistakes in advance i say sorry and please tell me what do you think about the my project , comments and suggestion are welcome .

cheers

·
Wales Organiser
50,217 Posts
Your English is better than some native speakers so it's fine :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello :)

thanks for the positive comments :) So in the meantime, when the car was painted . I changed the color of the upholstery on black and leather and i buy a smoothed boot

The new color for the car I chose the black pearl from audi with the extra of red and gold pearl on the base color car Spraying put 4 layers of clearcoat with increased resistance .

When I picked up the car from the bodyshop i pulled out everything from the car and i painted floor in matt black

When I finish painting . I put on the whole car sound-absorbing mats

and some parts finished in lether

Tomorrow I'll put another picture :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Little Update

After repair the thresholds I decided to the securie the entire floor . I use powerjet washer to clean everything and i remove the fuel tank and fuel lines . I put 2 coat anticorrosive paint and new polyurethane paste

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Certain things are not done in the right order. Floor should of been taken care of first.

If anything electrical was left during sandblasting ... I do not see it very well. But bmw lights on corsa? Not for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Certain things are not done in the right order. Floor should of been taken care of first.

If anything electrical was left during sandblasting ... I do not see it very well. But bmw lights on corsa? Not for me.
I'm not sandblasting anything ... And When i star clean everything i remove all electrical wiring from the car . Car is mine and everything
what i've done it is for me . But thank you for your opinion i respect this .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Up date
I finish with the floor . I think it should be ok . I put 2 coat of rubber protection and 1 coat of car paint .

·
Registered
21,819 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this complete. As long as your not copying the other bmw lighted corsa and can do your own flare on things

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,318 Posts
nice work so far keep it up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Up date :)

Thanks for comments so far I only copy the idea for the headlamps ... So for I mange to install on car a stainles steel complet exhaust system from the mgmotorsport , repaint the torsion beam , order a new bracket for the leveling system for xenon lamps and i wait for the new sensor , and i buy new handbrake cabel ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Up date :)
at home
I change a wheel bearings on front and wheel hubs .
I repaired the brake calpiers new rubber seals and new paint

this is before

during

on car

I found on junkyard a corsa c van and i take out floor luggage from the van and i put to ma car and i put a new carpet on it

After that i look inside the starter and alternator and clean the throttle

and new kit for the starter

I change a speed meter from meriva and add some white led and i put it too on the clock

I put the black headlining interior and electric sun roof . I painted in mat black the plastic cover and vacuum metallizing buttons i install door cards on car

i found a chrome door handles after i install the door cards i will change it when i buy a better speekers

When the car was painting a make a cup holder and flock the dashboard and I found on web a electronic climat control with the full wirring harnes ... I gonna have to take out the old wirigng harnes from the car and put a new one with the eletronic climate control.

I teardown the controler to change the light for white led and polish the screen and paint the plastic cover to mat black

and one more picture of the exhaust system under the car

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Awesome work. Make sure you get some pics of the wiring for the climate control conversion I fancy having changing mine but unsure about how difficult it will be. Looking good tho.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts