Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of talk about metallic frebo hoses, that if they do not swell when braking hard and that you have better touch, I carry the standard ones, with good fluid, if I change to front metallic, what will I notice? are they worth it for normal car use? Or do I shoot for the normals of a good brand?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I thought about it for my X1/9, but decided to leave them as standard. Some people might say "there's not much point with a DTi" but it depends on how hard you drive and how often you think the brakes lack feel or response when you use them to seriously reduce speed in a hurry. I didn't have any concerns with the X1/9 (which is why I kept them standard) and I don't with the Combo Tour that I do actually drive quite hard sometimes. Not on a track of course, but some 100km/h country roads that are narrow and need a firm foot on the middle pedal.

Another consideration for you is how long you want to keep the car and the climate. They're not expensive and worth thinking about as a long term investment. Also, the hotter climates might deteriorate rubber brake lines more quickly. I retrieved my Modus from the grua compound (after it had been standing for 14 months) and had it serviced then took it to the ITV. I had to almost stand on the pedal to get the right result on the dials (not my experience on previous inspections) - I don't have a lot of confidence in them now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts