Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today around here we have 10 degrees more than usual, and it gives me the feeling that the brake pedal stops a nothing, something higher already takes touch, my car has no abs, I have upgrade to 280mm, Brembo discs and pads and liquid of circuit ATE brakes, is it possible that ATE and brembo feel the temperature and brake better than cold? so much influence those 10 degrees environment?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Given that 'normal' road brake pads have a pretty constant coefficient of friction from 100 to 600 degf I'd be surprised if there's a difference you can feel from a ten degree change in ambient temperature. I know I can't.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I know the relative humidity has been regularly ~90%; have you checked that the fluid has not absorbed too much water? Once it gets to just a few % it can be a problem. I bought one of those LED devices for a small sum off ebay for easy checking.

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
90 Posts
Try re bleeding your brakes. I’ve seen similar on racing brakes when done in cold weather. It’s all down to the moisture level in the brake fluid. When warms up it begins to get pockets of air in the system. There are brands of fluid that have oxygen inhibitors in them. But some brands don’t have this in. Check the fluid you used. There is usually a temperature for storing and one for bleeding system. Standard fluid only has store fluid but should not be added to system if temperatures below 5c.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts